DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  In an alarm of snmpcollector, show Ip Address and Alias of an Interface

Posted Mar 30, 2021 05:43 PM
    Hi Everyone.

I need capture the Ip address and alias of an interface when this interface present a down (alarm in USM).
    We have 1000 device in monitoring via snmpcollector and each interface correspond to an enlace principal or backup, that for the critical operation it's necessary show on the alarm the ip address and alias.

I am using enrichment source via NAS probe on the field custom_1 for capture the alias, but I can't to capture the ip address for the interface.
    I know that the IP address is in this table CM_CONFIGURATION_ITEM_ATTRIBUTE, but to correlate in the query with the ci_id it does not allow because the ci_id is totally different.

This is my query ----->

select ci_name, ci_attr_value, dev_ip,ci_metric_id from cm_device (NoLock)
    a inner join cm_configuration_item (NoLock)
    b on a.dev_id = b.dev_id inner join CM_CONFIGURATION_ITEM_ATTRIBUTE (NoLock)
    c on b.ci_id = c.ci_id and c.ci_attr_key='IfAlias' INNER JOIN cm_configuration_item_metric (NoLock)
    d on c.ci_id = d.ci_id where ci_metric_id=?

Where ci_mertic_id, comes from alarm.

Anyone have any idea how to add the Ip of the interface in my query? I think the problem is ci_id which for aliases and for Ipv4address are different.
    Or if someone guides me on how to capture what I need.

Best Regards.

• 2.  RE: In an alarm of snmpcollector, show Ip Address and Alias of an Interface

Posted Apr 07, 2021 02:21 PM
    The USM Details tab info is populated from CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM and CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM_ATTR

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: In an alarm of snmpcollector, show Ip Address and Alias of an Interface

Posted May 21, 2021 05:56 PM
    Hi @David Michel, I can't get how to capture the IP of a down interface in a snmpcollector alarm, through the query I can't find how to associate one thing with another. It occurs to me in SNMPCollector to place the IP that comes from the interface (targeting $ {target}). Is this possible, do you have any idea?

Do you know how call this variable that contain the Ip address of the interface?

• 4.  RE: In an alarm of snmpcollector, show Ip Address and Alias of an Interface

Posted May 24, 2021 06:25 PM
    There isn't a variable that will get the IP address. 
    My lab currently isn't setup for snmpcollector so can't check on this but there is this table in the DB CM_SNMP_INTERFACE.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: In an alarm of snmpcollector, show Ip Address and Alias of an Interface

Posted May 25, 2021 02:57 PM
    Hi David, sorry but this table haven't information. It's empty

• 6.  RE: In an alarm of snmpcollector, show Ip Address and Alias of an Interface

Posted May 27, 2021 12:04 PM
    Hi @Luc Christiaens and @Garin Walsh, Seeing that you have a lot of knowledge in UIM, do you know of any strategy for this posted case?

I will be very grateful for any guidance ​​

• 7.  RE: In an alarm of snmpcollector, show Ip Address and Alias of an Interface

Posted May 27, 2021 02:33 PM
    Edited by Issac08 May 27, 2021 02:33 PM
    Open the DR nimbus tracker, filter with SNMP collector probe with alarms and see whether the message comes with the IP address info in right side  of panel.

• 8.  RE: In an alarm of snmpcollector, show Ip Address and Alias of an Interface

Posted Jul 23, 2021 11:36 AM
    Colleagues, in case I have any use for someone, we managed to create two queries, one to capture the met_id of the alarm and another to obtain the information we needed (Ip of the interface and Alias), but ... this was necessary to execute it at Through an SP (store procedure), because in a single query it was impossible. The interesting thing is that from the NAS in enrichment_source you can make "SP" executions.

With a Broadcom Support Engineer, I got this information supplied to me...

Knowledge Base article KB197686

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=197686

Basically, it states that the ifAlias entries are stored in the table "CM_CONFIG_ITEM_MASTER_ATTR". You can join the master_id with CM_CONFIG_ITEM_MASTER to get the cs_id and then join to CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM

With these tables we made some inner joins and the information of ip and interface aliases is obtained.

I Hope this helps someone in the community.

Best Regards.

Miller Echagarreta.