DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  20.3 and UMP

Posted Oct 09, 2020 06:02 AM
    Hello,

I have a question regarding 20.3 and UMP. I haven't updated yet so I would like to know if 20.1 UMP or older still works with with 20.3 primary hub if you don't upgrade UMP to OC.

Thank you!

Marius

• 2.  RE: 20.3 and UMP
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2020 11:23 AM

So on an upgrade, the tables that UMP/Liferay require will still be there so in theory, it might work.
    As flash is going away no testing was done on this but I can not think of any harm it would cause if you used it as a READ ONLY interface.

Things such as maintenance and MCS may not work properly in it any longer.

But this is of course totally unsupported.

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: 20.3 and UMP

Posted Oct 09, 2020 11:28 AM
    Thanks, Gene!

• 4.  RE: 20.3 and UMP

Posted Dec 08, 2020 03:28 PM
    Hi Marius,

did you get UMP running in 20.3 environment?

I'd like to have both, UMP and OC/CABI, during migration phase to check reports and dashboard.

Thanks,

Olaf

• 5.  RE: 20.3 and UMP

Posted Dec 09, 2020 07:54 AM
    Hello Olaf,

I was considering it at one point, but we haven't upgraded to 20.3 yet in the environment I wanted to try it.
    From this thread it seems there might be some problems that  need to be solved to make it work.

Sorry, I will let you know if I will try it.

Marius

• 6.  RE: 20.3 and UMP

Posted Jan 15, 2021 09:14 AM
    Hello Olaf,

I have news. The setup for this client was (DX IM 9.20):
    - 1 primary hub in location A with UMP installed on it
    - 1 secondary hub in location B with ha probe and UMP installed on it.

The UMP in location B was setup to point to the secondary hub and the data_engine probe on it. As a result, it could only be accessed when the primary hub was not working. It took me some time to make it work (although this configuration was not supported by Broadcom), but unfortunatelly I did not write down all the steps.

Anyway.. I upgraded the primary hub to 20.3.2 and now, if I turn of the service on the primary hub, the UMP on the secondary hub works perfectly fine with version 9.20. :) I still need to use a workaround to use flash in Firefox.

I will also upgrade this to 20.3.2, but I wanted to let you know.

Have a nice day!

Marius

• 7.  RE: 20.3 and UMP

Posted Jan 15, 2021 10:55 AM
    Hello Marius,

thank you for your comment. It's interesting that the UMP runs in such a configuration. We couldn't manage it in a similar constellation in a hurry. But our focus was to migrate everything to 20.3 for the customer anyway. This constellation could still be helpful for another customer, as long as we find a solution for using Flash. I have already read some approaches to this.

Warm regards,

Olaf