DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Robot inactive related

Posted Sep 30, 2019 09:57 AM
    Dear all ,

I have been observing that the robot inactive alarm is been coming for certain robots frequently per day for atleast 3 times .

The hub update interval is 15 min in the robot under controller GUI .

Telnet is happening from hub to that robot on 48000 and from robot to hub on 48002 as well .

How to fix this issue ? ---> If I add anything in robot.cfg will this resolved or what else should be done from IM console / UMP console / admin console to resolve this ?

Will it work if I delete niscache in the robot level? 

Regards
    AMAR

• 2.  RE: Robot inactive related

Posted Sep 30, 2019 11:24 AM
    This will be an issue with your local network - or the controller.exe on the robot is being restarted.

Using telnet to test the connectivity long after the actual error event is not useful - you already know the telnet test will work because you can see the connection of the two systems in IM.

I'd suggest looking at the windows event log on the robot - since it is the responsible party in connecting to the hub - and see if there's anything of note in the hour before and after the alarm as reported by the hub.

Also set the controller log to 3 or 5 on the robot and inspect it after the next event too.

-Garin

• 3.  RE: Robot inactive related
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 02, 2019 02:02 PM
    For insight into the timing of the alarm see:
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=125149

for 9.0.2 and 8.51 it is most important that robot_update-7.97HF3 & hub 7.97 are used.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Robot inactive related

Posted Oct 10, 2019 04:14 AM
    Hi all ,

Please find that I am getting this robot inactive on frequent basis .The robot_update version is 7.93 and hub is 7.97 in our production .

Regards
    AMar

• 5.  RE: Robot inactive related

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 10, 2019 08:25 AM
    you will need to provide more information.
    Are your robot update intervals the default?
    Have you set the controller loglevel to 3 and logsize to 5000 on the problem robot and its hub and set the hub loglevel to 3 and logsize to 35000 then reviewed the logs when you are getting the alarms?
    How many robots do you have reporting to the hub?
    Are these robots reporting to the primary hub or a hub with big probes such as snmpcollector or vmware?

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom