DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Oracle probe default thresholds

Posted Jul 09, 2019 09:47 AM
    Hello,

I would need some help to understand and more information/list apart of the documentation, regarding default/available thresholds values for Oracle probe. Does anyone have some? :)

For example: Tablespace_status, user_locks, etc.

Is it integer, text string, what basically probe is expecting in these fields?

Also, does anyone knows, where are the default checkpoint template Messages defined, and if they are editable?

For example: user_locks_1, user_locks_2, etc.

Thank you in advance for your support!

Regards,

• 2.  RE: Oracle probe default thresholds

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2019 02:28 AM
    @Daniel Enchev ​,

Probe is expecting any natural number

related to  default checkpoint template Messages :

click on oracle probe ->  Setup -> Message pool -> message text can be edited
    But message variables you have to choose from variables field only.
    also thresholds need to be defined,these is no default threshold values set from probe end.

Regards,
    Dhanunjay

• 3.  RE: Oracle probe default thresholds

Posted Jul 10, 2019 09:09 AM
    Hi @Dhanunjaya,

Thanks for reply​. In the case with example above, the tablespace_status would expect a state. 

From probe doc:
    QOS_ORACLE_tablespace_status Availability Lists the tablespaces that have status different as 'ONLINE' or 'SYSTEM'.
    These states might be related to natural numbers, but it still makes me wonder what are possible states and what number would they correspond.

Reading Oracle documentation, there are tablespace status options - "Type of file (system or user) and its status. Values: OFFLINEONLINESYSTEMRECOVERSYSOFF (an offline file from the SYSTEM tablespace)", which makes me think probe would also expect char input. 

I believe there are more parameters like this from the available QoS points.

• 4.  RE: Oracle probe default thresholds

Posted Jul 10, 2019 04:03 PM
    This doc has the queries the probe uses and running the query may help to understand.
    What queries are used by the oracle probe?
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=34647

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Oracle probe default thresholds

Posted Jul 11, 2019 01:52 AM
    Thanks a lot, David! This looks brilliant.

Regards,