DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Alerts of sqlserver probe

Posted Oct 18, 2019 10:55 AM
    Hi all.
    I am testing the monitor for sqlserver probe, and we see this alarms. The customer indicate that the user of the DB have the permission respective and I don´t know why this alerts is generated.

Profile: ProfileDB-XXX-Pruebas/fg_freeSpace_with_avail_disk/Run Query - DB Provider: Code=0x0x80040e14 Source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description=[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]There is already an object named '#temptab' in the database.

Profile: ProfileDB-XXX-Pruebas/logfile_usage_with_avail_disk/Run Query - DB Provider: Code=0x0x80004005 Source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description=[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]The server principal "Monit_prm" is not able to access the database "SSISDB" under the current security context.

• 2.  RE: Alerts of sqlserver probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2019 06:09 PM
    Miller -

I believe that the KB111971 : UIM sqlserver probe the user does not have permission to perform this action for checkpoints  addresses this issue.

------------------------------
    Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Alerts of sqlserver probe

Posted Oct 23, 2019 03:56 PM
    Thanks Kathy I will test the KB.​​​

• 4.  RE: Alerts of sqlserver probe

Posted Oct 23, 2019 04:37 PM
    Hi Kathy, I have other server with sqlserver and we have try monitoring all DB's, but for any reason the user "usr_UIM" not working. We check the permission in SQL and the prerrequisites but we don't see where is the problem.

This is the alarms from sqlserver

Profile: ProfileX/lock_timeouts/Run Query - DB Provider: Code=0x0x80040e14 Source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description=[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]VIEW SERVER STATE permission was denied on object 'server', database 'master'.

Profile: ProfileX/buf_cachehit_ratio/Run Query - DB Provider: Code=0x0x80040e14 Source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description=[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]VIEW SERVER STATE permission was denied on object 'server', database 'master'.

Profile: ProfileX/login_count/Run Query - DB Provider: Code=0x0x80040e14 Source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description=[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]VIEW SERVER STATE permission was denied on object 'server', database 'master'.

Profile: ProfileX/deadlocks/Run Query - DB Provider: Code=0x0x80040e14 Source=Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers Description=[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]VIEW SERVER STATE permission was denied on object 'server', database 'master'.

This is the permission that was configured in user sql

We used this link for to configure sql user ---->

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/sqlserver-sql-server-monitoring/sqlserver-sql-server-monitoring-release-notes#sqlserver(SQLServerMonitoring)ReleaseNotes-AccessPrerequisites

What other configuration should I do? I am not an expert in SQL

• 5.  RE: Alerts of sqlserver probe
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2019 10:27 AM
    Miller -

The following Knowledge Documents contain sample SQL scripts that should help to set the proper permissions for the usr_UIM user to assure that the checkpoint queries that do not require db admin permissions will execute successfully:

KB34659 : What permissions are needed for a SQL user to run the sqlserver probe?
    KB34640 : What are the required permissions for the sqlserver probe?

The SQL script in the first document applies the permission changes to all of the databases found on the MSSQL Server.  The second document contains different SQL scripts depending on the version of MSSQL Server (note the script for version 11 are applicable for MSSQL Server version 11 and higher) but these scripts are only applied to the system databases.

Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom

• 6.  RE: Alerts of sqlserver probe

Posted Oct 21, 2019 12:35 PM
    Please check the below . Have you tried configuring using SA account ? if possible test in non prod environment 

For SQL Server versions 9 and 10: 

set VIEW SERVER STATE permission on master database. Also GRANT SELECT permission to a user for these tables 
    Table Names 
    master.sys.databases 
    master.dbo.sysperfinfo 
    msdb.dbo.sysjobsteps 
    msdb.dbo.sysjobs 
    .sys.database_files 
    .sys.partitions 
    .sys.allocation_units 
    .sys.internal_tables 
    .sys.filegroups 

For SQL Server version 8: 

GRANT SELECT permission to a user for these tables 

Table Names 
    master.dbo.sysprocesses 
    master.dbo.sysperfinfo 
    master.dbo.sysdatabases 
    msdb.dbo.backupset 
    master.dbo.sysfiles 
    master.dbo.sysindexes 
    master.dbo.sysfilegroups

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/sqlserver-sql-server-monitoring/sqlserver-sql-server-monitoring-release-notes

Check Access Prerequisites tab