DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Probe SDK questions

Posted Jan 13, 2020 07:58 AM
    Hi

I have used the "Java SDK" before, but I want to try the "Probe Software Developer Kit (Probe SDK)", for better integration with the Admin Console GUI.

I have some questions regarding the Probe SDK:

1. How can we gather results from the discovery probe?

2. Some of the metrics we want to collect may be unique for each node, and don't seem to fit the "probe_schema-model". Any suggestions on how to implement these?

3. Can we use the old "Java SDK" together with the the new Probe SDK?

• 2.  RE: Probe SDK questions
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 14, 2020 03:50 PM

1. You want to create QoS metrics to gather the results to be reported on . 
    2. Same as above but you create appropriate targets so they are unique.
    3. Probe SDK is really just a butchered down version of the Java SDK depending on what you need to do you may be forced to use the Java SDK instead of the Probe SDK .

• 3.  RE: Probe SDK questions

Posted Jan 15, 2020 12:03 PM
    Thanks for the response!

1. But can the probe get the list of hosts discovered by the discovery_server/Discovery wizard or the Inventory list? (and then create QoS metrics for those)
    2. ok
    3. It looks like the Probe-SDK is built on top of the Nimsoft Java SDK (and much more), and then "butchered down". I think we still have access to all functionality. For example com.nimsoft.probe.framework.devkit.ProbeBase extends com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimProbe so we can still use the method registerCallback() from NimProbe.class.