DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  20.3 Dashboard Designer

Posted Oct 29, 2020 09:08 AM
    Edited by Marius Nitu Oct 29, 2020 09:15 AM
    Hello,

Sorry if this was answered already, but just wanted to be sure: do the old dashboards created in Dashboard Designer portlet in UMP work if imported in 20.3 OC? Are they imported automatically or they have to be imported manually?

Thank you!

Marius

• 2.  RE: 20.3 Dashboard Designer
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 29, 2020 09:10 AM
    Hi Marius,

in my case they were imported automatically. Everything is working fine.

• 3.  RE: 20.3 Dashboard Designer

Posted Oct 29, 2020 09:16 AM
    Thank you very much!

• 4.  RE: 20.3 Dashboard Designer

Posted Oct 29, 2020 09:35 AM
    This is great news! I was hoping they would!

I was told that the two technologies are totally different, so dashboards would need recreating.  But in a recent conversation with support, I got told dashboards are exportable/importable.

This has made my day!

------------------------------
    CA - UIM administrator

• 5.  RE: 20.3 Dashboard Designer

Posted Oct 30, 2020 02:45 PM
    In most cases, no action is required to migrate your published legacy dashboards. However, if there were errors during migration, you will see a sticky note widget when you open the dashboard in the new Dashboard portlet. Click the sticky note widget to select it, and then click the 
    Properties  ( 
    Properties Tab Icon) tab. Information regarding the migration is displayed in the Notes section.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/unified-infrastructure-management/20-3/configuring-and-viewing-monitoring-data/the-dashboard-portlet/migrate-dashboards-from-the-legacy-dashboard-designer-portlet.html

Support Engineer
    Broadcom