DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

"Controller: Probe 'cdm' FAILED to start (command = cdm.exe) error = (2) The system cannot find the file specified"

• 1.  "Controller: Probe 'cdm' FAILED to start (command = cdm.exe) error = (2) The system cannot find the file specified"

Posted Jan 22, 2020 02:05 AM

Hi Team,

When I try to deploy the probes on windows robot, The probe turns to red and it doesn't take any PID or port.

I could see the below error in the log file.

"Controller: Probe 'cdm' FAILED to start (command = cdm.exe) error = (2) The system cannot find the file specified"

All the ports are opened bidirectionally and i have redeployed the probe also.

Even I have uninstalled the nimsoft and rebooted the server and again trying to install the uim agent but I am receiving the below error .

Regards
    Amar

• 2.  RE: "Controller: Probe 'cdm' FAILED to start (command = cdm.exe) error = (2) The system cannot find the file specified"

Posted Jan 22, 2020 08:03 AM
    suspect a failed deployment due to something like a virus scanner
    compare the files in the probe folder against another robot where it is working.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: "Controller: Probe 'cdm' FAILED to start (command = cdm.exe) error = (2) The system cannot find the file specified"
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2020 12:32 PM
    Edited by Diane Craddock Jan 27, 2020 11:35 AM

Steps to re register files:

1. Click the Start button, in the start search box, type in CMD

2. When CMD appears in the list, right click on it and click on run as administrator.

3. Type the command and press enter:

regsvr32 nimbus.dll

4. You should receive a message stating the command succeeded.

5. Restart the computer and try to install the program again.

Technical Support Engineer
    Broadcom