DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Modifying the default Event to generate Alarm based on Event Condition

Posted Jul 14, 2019 05:20 PM
    Hi,

I have requirement to modify the default Event in CA Spectrum ​0x00011000 with Event Message "Host Device {m} of type {t} has been rebooted." to generate a Minor Alarm if the type {t} is pingable. I used the Event Rule -> Event Condition Like
    Event Variable Type : Event Attribute
    Value: 2
    Operator: Regular Expression
    Event Type Variable: String
    Generate Alarm: 0xfff00009

and with 0xfff00009 I have configured to raise Minor alarm. But this condition is not working, I doubt the Event Condition is not correct. Would appreciate if someone can help.

Regards,
    Waseem

------------------------------
    Consultant

• 2.  RE: Modifying the default Event to generate Alarm based on Event Condition

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 15, 2019 09:50 AM
    Hi Waseem

What is the Event Condition you are using? please share a screenshot of the event condition dialog showing the rules you have already set up.

Senior Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Modifying the default Event to generate Alarm based on Event Condition
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 15, 2019 10:46 AM
    Edited by Waseem Ahmed Jul 15, 2019 01:32 PM
    Waseem,

The condition you mentioned will not work as there is no event variable 2 in the event.

It should be based on Model_Class.
    Condition: If Model_Class of the device (model) is Pingable, generate new event. Configure new event to generate an alarm.
    For this you need to use Attribute ID of the Model_Class and its value for Pingable - 12 in the event condition.

Below is an example. Here, configure 0xfff00009 to generate alarm by adjusting the cause code.

Hope, this helps.

Thank you.
    Rajashekar

• 4.  RE: Modifying the default Event to generate Alarm based on Event Condition

Posted Jul 15, 2019 01:23 PM
    hi Rajashekar,

Thanks for your response and recommendations that are really helpful, I will try it and will update here. I opened case with support also and there s similar recommendation as below:

Consultant
    Duroob Technologies

• 5.  RE: Modifying the default Event to generate Alarm based on Event Condition

Posted Jul 15, 2019 01:29 PM
    Great. You can use any one of them. One looks at Model Class (Value to be compared is an Integer) and another one looks at Model Type Name (Value to be compared is a Text).

Thank you.
    Rajashekar