DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Configure OC to Use SAML Single Sign-On to Azure AD

Posted Dec 10, 2020 08:00 AM

Anyone who have successfully integrated OC Single Sign-On to Azure AD?

The tech doc seems only focused for local "traditional" AD integration.

------------------------------
    Senior engineer
    NetNordic.com
    Norway

• 2.  RE: Configure OC to Use SAML Single Sign-On to Azure AD

Posted Dec 10, 2020 05:37 PM
    Yes, you are correct about what's documented, and could find nothing in documentation, KBs, or other cases on it.

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Configure OC to Use SAML Single Sign-On to Azure AD

Posted Aug 02, 2021 10:25 PM
    Did you have any luck with it?

We're in the same boat and can't find any information anywhere

• 4.  RE: Configure OC to Use SAML Single Sign-On to Azure AD

Posted Aug 04, 2021 07:49 PM
    We got ours working and it was relatively simple. We've had LDAP working for years so I'll assume that part is working... but high level:

1. Configure a new keystore file as per the documentation
    2. Encrypt the keystore passwords and keystore alias as per the documentation 
    3. Set the following in the <OC_installation>\probes\service\wasp\webapps\samlsso\WEB-INF\classes\samlssoConfig.properties file:
      saml.configuration.enabled=true
      saml.sp.metadata.id=UMP2030
      saml.sp.metadata.entityid=ump2030
      saml.sp.keystore.password=encrypted keystore password from step 2 here
      saml.sp.keystore.aliasName=encrypted keystore alias name from step 2 here
      saml.sp.keystore.aliasPassword=encrypted keystore password from step 2 here
    4. Restart wasp
    5. Navigate to http://<OC_Server>/samlsso/saml/metadata to obtain the xml file to upload to azure
    6. Create a new app in azure, upload the xml file 
    7. A new xml should be generated in azure, download this file and stick it in <OC_installation>\probes\service\wasp\webapps\samlsso\WEB-INF\classes\metadata (take note of the filename, we named ours azure.xml)
    8. Set the following in the <OC_installation>\probes\service\wasp\webapps\samlsso\WEB-INF\classes\samlssoConfig.properties file (using the filename from step 7):
      saml.idp.metadatafile.path=/metadata/azure.xml
    9. Restart wasp

From there, we are able to open the UIM OC interface from Microsoft "My Apps" page with a single click but the Single Sign On button from the OC login page didn't work. It would open up the Microsoft authentication page but we'd have to enter our credentials every time. I have a feeling its due to our OC page being in the local intranet zone, then the Microsoft authentication being on the internet - it doesn't like to pass the credentials over between the zones. To get around this, I just added the UIM OC application URL from "My Apps" into the targetUrl section of the <OC_installation>\probes\service\wasp\webapps\operatorconsole_portlet\samlssocheck.js file. Clicking the button basically re-launches the UIM OC interface directly from the "My Apps" page.

Seems to work nicely!