DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  20.3 Where are the OC alarm filters?

Posted Nov 26, 2020 04:34 AM
    I'm trying to create a filtered alarm console view but I am unable to find any option to create filters in this "new" OC alarm view!!
    (example: create a view with only alarms level 4 & 5)
    The only reference I found: https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article/203293/uim-203-oc-alarm-edit-filters-option-is.html
    In this doc there is written: "The Edit Filter functionality will be implemented in a future version of UIM". 
    I hope I am wrong and that I missed somewhere a hidden feature?

• 2.  RE: 20.3 Where are the OC alarm filters?

Posted Nov 27, 2020 01:43 AM
    Hi!

Had nearly the same question... missing the Filter in ACL to manage the views in OC
    Got an answer of Support here at the forum.
    "Was forgotten" (something like that).....will be implemented aprox in March next year.
    Perhaps its the same "Scrum-run" :-)

cheers
    Matthias

• 3.  RE: 20.3 Where are the OC alarm filters?

Posted Nov 27, 2020 01:47 AM
    With version 20.3 "forgotten" or "dropped" is becoming an art!

• 4.  RE: 20.3 Where are the OC alarm filters?

Posted Nov 27, 2020 06:05 AM
    Hi!
    I stumble around with groups at the moment, e.g for creating Maintenances for 20+ Servers if you have 1000 in your inventory, because you can not search in the Maintenance-Add-Device-Frame :-(
    However... perhaps you can create a dynamic group with that  filter?  But be warned... as far as I found it, you can create a dynamic group, but not edit the filter afterward, only delete it and do it again :-((
    But perhaps I didnt found the right Menu (i hope, otherwise, those OC is simply something for LMAO) :-) But listen...GREAT ADIVICE of the support in the forum, simply dont update your browser and keep working with flash ;->

cheers
    Matthias

• 5.  RE: 20.3 Where are the OC alarm filters?

Posted Dec 01, 2020 02:35 PM
    There is a known problem for dynamic groups using the OR operator, otherwise it does work, at least in my lab. 

From the 20.3 Release Notes for 20.3.1 under Known Issues:
    • [UIM 20.3.1] Incorrect Label "Interface Filters" Coming Up During Group Edit
      If a dynamic group is created with the OR conditions in the group filter criteria, then an incorrect label "Interface Filters" is getting displayed in the UI when you try to edit that group.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: 20.3 Where are the OC alarm filters?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 12, 2021 11:32 AM
    Manage Alarm Filters in Operator Console in UIM 20.3.x
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=206401