DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Cluster Probe Configuration For Linux

Posted Aug 05, 2019 11:42 AM
    Hi all,

I am having trouble getting the cluster probe working on some of our servers.  It works sometimes but not always and I assume it is something to do with how I am configuring it.  I'm trying to find a pattern as to when it works and when it doesn't, but my testing is ongoing.

For example, I have just re-installed the cluster probe on two servers and now I'm getting the following error when I try to add a new profile "Node Error: The node has no valid cluster probe address and you can't add any resources until this is resolved."  I have configured the cluster on the active cluster node and entered IP addresses for both nodes in the cluster.  So I don't know what else I am missing?

A bit of extra info on what we are using:-
    UIM: 8.51
    Robot (controller probe): 7.93
    Cluster probe: 3.50
    Cluster nodes are on: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.3
    Cluster: Veritas Cluster Server 6.0.3

The cluster is running on nodes nnnnxxxx00 (passive) & nnnnxxxx01 (active)
    I am trying to monitor an (active/passive) mq service (resource) group which is active on nnnnxxxx00 (the opposite node to the cluster server). 
    I have followed the instructions given in the following article:-
    Article title: How to install and configure UIM probes for cluster monitoring

Also, please can someone tell me if the cluster name coded in Raw Configure is just a label?  If not, should I give the full DNS of the cluster name or the name of the mq vip that I want to monitor?

Many thanks in advance.

------------------------------
    Neil

• 2.  RE: Cluster Probe Configuration For Linux

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 03:29 PM
    Neil -

I believe that the following knowledge document addresses this error you are encountering:

Node Error "The node has no valid cluster probe address and you can't add any resources until this is resolved."

Kathy Maguire
    Technical Support Engineer 4
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Cluster Probe Configuration For Linux

Posted Aug 06, 2019 05:49 AM
    Thanks for the quick response Kathy.  I had not coded the nodes in the setup section of the raw config. (only coded in the cluster > nodes section).
    I have now done this and restarted the cluster probe and robot on both hosts, however I still get the same error. :-(

• 4.  RE: Cluster Probe Configuration For Linux

Posted Aug 06, 2019 07:19 AM

Additional Information:-
    I get the New Monitor Resource Window on the host where the cluster is active, but not on the host where the Service Group is active.

On hosts where the Cluster Service and Service (Resource) Group reside on the same node I am able to add a profile for cdm monitoring (for example) under the Service Group.  However, when the Service Group is on a different node to the Cluster Service I am unable to monitor clustered filesystems (for example).

• 5.  RE: Cluster Probe Configuration For Linux

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2019 08:18 PM
    Hi 

Can check link

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/cluster-clustered-environment-monitoring/cluster-troubleshooting

• 6.  RE: Cluster Probe Configuration For Linux

Posted Aug 06, 2019 05:49 AM

Thanks Franklin,

I have done this now, but it has not resolved the issue unfortunately.  I still get the same error.