DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  OC 20.3.2 hangs up while displaying snmp tab via groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 13, 2021 04:37 AM
    the OC hangs up while trying to display Group/random group/random device/SNMP tab in UIM/OC 20.3.2, and the wasp generates the error logs copied below.
    after that only wasp restart helps to reach OC again.

if i try to display the SNMP tab via Inventory, eveything works correctly.
    i noticed this behavior in 2 different UIM 20.3.2 environment.
    if i remember it correctly, i could display the SNMP tab in this way in the previous 20.3.1 version.
    do you have it as well please = is it some bug or is it some issue only in our configuration? if so, how to fixt it please?

Jan 13 10:21:24:068 ERROR [attach_socket, com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimServerSession] Exception in NimServerSessionThread.run. Closing session.
    Jan 13 10:21:24:068 ERROR [attach_socket, com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimServerSession] (2) communication error, I/O error on nim session (S) com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimServerSession(Socket[addr=/10.197.89.50,port=60559,localport=48024]): End of stream while trying to read header
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimSessionBase.recv(NimSessionBase.java:944)
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimServerSession.recv(NimServerSession.java:90)
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimServerSession$NimServerSessionThread.handleMessage(NimServerSession.java:145)
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimServerSession$NimServerSessionThread.run(NimServerSession.java:123)
    Caused by: java.io.EOFException: End of stream while trying to read header
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimSessionBase.readNimbusHeader(NimSessionBase.java:1080)
    at com.nimsoft.nimbus.NimSessionBase.recv(NimSessionBase.java:883)
    ... 3 more

thank you,
    stefan

• 2.  RE: OC 20.3.2 hangs up while displaying snmp tab via groups

Posted Jan 13, 2021 05:21 PM
    From a general perspective there have been some new updates for 20.3.2 posted at the hotfix site, would start there along with ensuring they all have robot_update 9.32 deployed.

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------