DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Configure alarms for first occurrence within 5 mins

Posted Oct 08, 2019 05:47 AM
    Hello,

I will like to seek help to configure the monitoring alarms. 

For example,

I will like to monitor the log file using logmon probe with the error of Ping Response in the text file.
    When there is more than or equals to 15 counts of the PING Response from the text file within 5 minutes from the first occurrence the alarms will trigger.

Question: I could not figure out on how to configure the 5 mins.. I am using NAS probe and Logmon probe for the above. 

• 2.  RE: Configure alarms for first occurrence within 5 mins

Posted Oct 08, 2019 08:05 AM
    Hi Hong,

Have you considered configuring an auto operator profile for this, would that work (Action mode - on overdue age 5 min)?

Regards,

• 3.  RE: Configure alarms for first occurrence within 5 mins

Posted Oct 09, 2019 01:44 AM
    Yea, i am using the nas profile to trigger the counts from the auto operator profile. 
    I am trying out to use the action mode on overdue age. But alarms will need to trigger immediate when there are more than or equal to 15 counts. 

Thanks daniel..

• 4.  RE: Configure alarms for first occurrence within 5 mins

Posted Oct 09, 2019 05:13 AM
    Hi Hong,

Have you tried using both overdue age and message counter fields together?

Thanks
    Anmol

• 5.  RE: Configure alarms for first occurrence within 5 mins

Posted Oct 13, 2019 11:45 PM
    Hi Anmol,

Yup.

• 6.  RE: Configure alarms for first occurrence within 5 mins

Posted Oct 09, 2019 05:28 AM
    Hi Hong,

To my understanding you have to meet two conditions then, in order to raise alarm - to have 15 occurrences of event X, in course of 5 min? Out of curiosity, what would be the ping output threshold value?
    And if the above is a correct assumption, you can use as suggested - combination of events count (for example set watched parameter thresholds as Variable, then Watcher - Alarm - Count Matches; or Variable exceed matches ) and then pass to auto operator rule for overdue age 5 min.

Regards,
    Daniel

• 7.  RE: Configure alarms for first occurrence within 5 mins

Posted Oct 13, 2019 11:41 PM
    Hi Daniel,

Yup. I had already meet 2 conditions. The 'error ping of response' is just a error code that will be appearing in the folder file path. No worries. Is just a keyword to detect from the path.,