DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Groups.

Posted Nov 10, 2020 04:06 PM
    ​I created a folder named 'Monitoring' and mapped it to ACL 'Test'

Now the ACL Is linked to the 'Monitoring'

When I login with test user(uimtest1) my expectation was to the user be able to have access to the Monitoring folder and also the systems in the folder, which doesn't seem to be working. Please help me if I got it wrong.

------------------------------
    Thanks

• 2.  RE: Groups.

Posted Nov 12, 2020 03:30 AM
    You need to define a group that you assign to an origin(s) and that group folder will be displayed

• 3.  RE: Groups.

Posted Nov 12, 2020 12:57 PM
    I already have the origin updated with the Group name and still ​not working.

Is this actually working for everyone in 20.3, not getting enough help from support :(.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Groups.

Posted Nov 12, 2020 03:20 PM
    You have an Account named MONITORING with a Contact named uimtest1 that has an ACL named Test.

You also have the Test ACL linked to the Account MONITORING. You really don't need to perform this step unless you also use LDAP. The Contact already belongs to an account, so it's redundant.

What do you mean by Group? Groups are usually in the OC/UMP. You create those separately.

• 5.  RE: Groups.

Posted Nov 12, 2020 05:18 PM
    ​The test account has access to only systems that belong to origin 'MONITORING' but after creating a test static group, we are able to find all the systems and  add them to the group?

Shouldn't that be a concern?

Thanks