DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

• 1.  e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Jul 02, 2019 05:01 PM
    ​Been using the e2e_appmon probe for a while now; moving between browsers  - depending on our application owners request(s).  Mainly have been dealing with IE, but lately more and more request have came in for Chrome.  I currently have several Chrome scripts running; simple, and not too elaborate. 

This script is suppose to be a simple one:
      - launch URL
      - select menu open(s) : .... capturing time it takes the page to load data
      - log out

Here is the UsePage for the credential login : UsePage("Send Word Now - Every message counts")
    Window : "CHROME.EXE|Chrome_WidgetWin_1|Send Word Now - Every message counts - Google Chrome"

Here is the UsePage for when selecting the menu options : UsePage("Send Word Now - Every Message Counts")
    Window : "CHROME.EXE|Chrome_WidgetWin_1|Send Word Now - Every Message Counts - Google Chrome"

I've recorded this over and over, getting the same results.
    During the playback, it will launch the URL, enter the credentials, and then when attempting to select the menu options - receiving :
    ""Error Function: UsePageError message : HTTP error in UsePage statement, code=-404 !""

Anyone else seen this, or ran across this before?  If so, how did you resolve this?

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Jul 03, 2019 08:38 AM

Hi,

I'm often ran in error situations with UsePage, but never with such an error message.

Which version of e2e_appmon do you use? Is the Nimrecorder Chrome Extension installed and correct configured?

• 3.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Jul 03, 2019 09:18 AM
    Watched, and performed the steps within the tutorial video:  ​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk_VZrgTxqw

Using #UsePageExact and truncating the page name works for the first part, but as soon as the Window/Page changes - that's when the HTTP404 is received.

….
         InWindow("CHROME.EXE|Chrome_WidgetWin_1|Send Word Now - Every message counts - Google Chrome",1)
         ….
         '#UsePageExact = 1
         'UsePage("Send Word Now - Every message counts")
         UsePage("Send Word Now")
              ClickHTMLElement("INPUT TEXT[NAME='UserName']")
              Pause 1
              WriteHTML("INPUT TEXT[NAME='UserName']", userlogon$)
              Pause 1
              WriteHTML("INPUT PASSWORD[NAME='Password']", userpass$)
         Pause 3
         ret=ClickHTMLElement("INPUT SUBMIT[VALUE= 'Login']")

Window Name becomes : "CHROME.EXE|Chrome_WidgetWin_1|Send Word Now - Every Message Counts - Google Chrome"

success = 0
         reps = 0
         '#UsePageExact = 1
         'UsePage("Send Word Now - Every Message Counts")
         UsePage("Send Word Now")
         nimQoSStart()
              While success = 0 and reps < 90
         ….

May have to open a case on this one.  CHROME is the preferred browser for this monitoring request.  Going to try this same sequence of steps in IE to see if the same results are received.

• 4.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Jul 03, 2019 10:00 AM
    ​e2e_appmon : 2.50
    NimRecorder : 5.2.525 
    Not following 'correct configured' for the NimRecorder.  All I have ever done is pulled it in from the Chrome Web Store.

• 5.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Jul 04, 2019 08:39 AM
    ​Hello.

Do also tried to analyze the website?
    We often habe the problem that the website loads lot of stuff (scripts, extensions) in the background from external provider. And when the external provider is gone or have problem, the website doesn´t return a complete full load - which means you can recieve such a returncode by the UsePage command.

Kind Regards
    Jessi

• 6.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 05, 2019 08:45 AM
    ​Adjusted my script to launch IE11, instead of Chrome, and it works.
    Seems to be another issue with Chrome's full compatibility with the e2e_appmon probe.

• 7.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Aug 05, 2020 03:07 PM

Curious to know if anyone has received the error - in the original message - lately.

I'm having to script more applications using the e2e_appmon probe; launching Chrome as the preferred browser.

I have went between start browser [StartBrowser()] and start program [Shell()]; both receiving this error.

e2e_appmon = ver 2.50

I will say, sometimes is works, and I just let the script monitor run.  Then there are times like today where I can't get it to get past the launch.

Any help/assistance would be appreciated.

• 8.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Aug 05, 2020 05:46 PM
    Hi David,
    The latest version is 2.52, have you tried with that version yet?

------------------------------
    [Designation]
    [City]

• 9.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Aug 05, 2020 05:50 PM
    this is KB covers a lot of stuff and might be of help.
    e2e_appmon Best Practices checklist
    Article Id: 33526
    https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=33526

Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 10.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Aug 06, 2020 03:00 PM

Thanks for the last two suggestions.

Deployed - e2e_appmon_dev (ver 2.52) - to the robot containing the monitor.

Have another Chrome monitor (different website) executing on the same robot.  After upgrading e2e probe to the newer version, recompiled monitor script, and this monitor remains running successfully.

Recompiled problem monitor - same error upon execution
    ReRecorded the browser launch - this is the same launch/code of the Chrome monitor that is executing successfully
    • StartBrowser("CH", "<website>", 3)
      • Error in : ****************** at line : 123 Error Function: StartBrowserError message : HTTP error in StartBrowser statement, code=-404 !

ReRecorded the browser launch, but this time did it launching the application
    • Shell(Chr$(34)+"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Application\chrome.exe"+Chr$(34)+" <website>,3)
    This time it got past the launch error, but now can't see the page
    • UsePage("<page>")
      • Error in : ******************* at line : 128 Error Function: UsePageError message : Page '************************' not found in the current browser 'Internet Explorer' !

Not sure what the issue is here - why one Chrome monitor launches successfully, but the other receives an error

• 11.  RE: e2e_appmon : UsePage receiving HTTP error, code=404

Posted Aug 06, 2020 03:07 PM
    Hi David,
    The UsePage error is referencing Internet Explorer as the current browser, but you are using Chrome??? I will drop you an email so you can send me a copy of the script.

[Designation]
    [City]