DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Multi-domain certify for UMP Server

Posted Mar 24, 2020 09:28 AM
    Hi community.

Is possible to use a multi-domain certify in UMP Server?
    https://co.godaddy.com/web-security/ssl-certificate

• 2.  RE: Multi-domain certify for UMP Server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 24, 2020 09:31 AM
    It is not clear what you are asking
    UMP will support a FQDN SSL cert for a single server or a wild card SSL cert for a domain.
    If that does not answer your question please provide an example of what you are referring to.

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Multi-domain certify for UMP Server

Posted Mar 27, 2020 08:32 PM
    Hi @Gene Howard how are you? I hope you are fell good.

Our customer uses UIM as an MSP to provide monitoring services. The customer has several FQDN associated with the UIM (UMP) sites with different domains, example: monitor1.company1.com or monitor2.company2.com. Currently the access is through HTTP and it works well, however the customer is requesting to activate HTTPS (SSL) for which a digital certificate is required (public and not selfsigned). The question is how to request the digital certificate when we have several FQDNs with different domains (company1.com, company2.com).

There are digital certificates that support multidomains (these can include the domains: monitor1.company1.com and monitor2.company2.com) however we do not know if it is supported by UIM.
    There is another type of certificate type wilcard (*.company1.com) which only allows one domain and the customer would have to change the FQDNs to several clients.

We need to know what would be supported by UIM and we can define a strategy to implement SSL​

• 4.  RE: Multi-domain certify for UMP Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2020 08:47 AM
    HI,

So I really do not understand your use case I guess.
    I get that you are an MSP and you have mutiple clients.
    Usually with an MSP would expect your ump to be ump.mspcompany.com. Not compan1.com and company2.com.
    I could potentially see having compani1.mspcompany.com and compani2.mspcompany.com

Are you just wanting to give them vanity URL's?
    If that is the case I can tell you this has never been tested and so will not be officially supported.
    you are welcome to try it but I can not really tell you if it will work or not.

I would suggest if you run into a problem possibly setting up a reverse proxy that has the SSL terminate at the proxy server for these URLs and then have a connection back to a single UMP naming instance.

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Multi-domain certify for UMP Server

Posted Mar 30, 2020 10:37 AM
    Hi @Gene Howard
    Yes we are MSP, and the FQDN was configured in each customer in your DNS, with http this work really good, but with https this change.

Are you just wanting to give them vanity URL's?  ----> Yes, is a problem of vanity of the customer.

This is the solution -----> compani1.mspcompany.com and compani2.mspcompany.com ...........

Thanks my friend.