DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to get incident number in the email alert

Posted Apr 03, 2020 03:29 AM
    I need to get the incident number in email alert that comes under custom 3 field in UIM alarm console .

How to do this ? I do not see any direct variable available to capture that custom3 field from UIM alarm console and place it in email gateway . Please suggest how to get this custom 3 field in email alert ?

Regards
    AMar

• 2.  RE: How to get incident number in the email alert

Posted Apr 03, 2020 04:26 AM
    You have only custom variables: $user_tag1 and $user_tag2 available

• 3.  RE: How to get incident number in the email alert

Posted Apr 03, 2020 08:09 AM
    Hi luc ,

So , is there any way to do this then ?

Any LUA script can do this or any alternative ?

Regards
    Amar

• 4.  RE: How to get incident number in the email alert

Posted Apr 03, 2020 08:20 AM
    This depends what you mean with: "to do this"
    Yes, you could do it with a NAS AO pre-process LUA script, there you have all fields at your disposal.
    A very simple solution would be to take your .custom_3 and place it in .user_tag1 or .user_tag2, like these are available as variable to emailgtw.

• 5.  RE: How to get incident number in the email alert

Posted Apr 03, 2020 08:38 AM
    Or easier: change the interface that is adding the ticket number in custom_3 into user_1/2

• 6.  RE: How to get incident number in the email alert

Posted Apr 03, 2020 10:17 AM
    Or easier: change the interface that is adding the ticket number in custom_3 into user_1/2 - I did not understand this .what is this interface ?

• 7.  RE: How to get incident number in the email alert

Posted Apr 03, 2020 10:16 AM

Your suggestion : A very simple solution would be to take your custom_3 and place it in .user_tag1 or .user_tag2, like these are available as variable to emailgtw.

I have entered the custom 3 in controller of robot and entered $Usertag_2 in subject of email gateway but its not reflecting .

Regards
    Amar

• 8.  RE: How to get incident number in the email alert
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 03, 2020 11:44 AM
    Hi Amar,
    The first question is when and how is the incident number being placed in the custom_3 field? Second question - can the tool/process that is putting the incident number in the custom_3 field be changed to put it into one of the user tag fields instead? If not, then you would have to use a LUA script executed from an appropriate AO profile. In the examples folder there are example scripts for using the action.email() function.The AO profile would have to be created so that it executed the script after the process that inserts the incident number has executed.

------------------------------
    [Designation]
    [City]
    ------------------------------