DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UIM, Moogsoft integration.

Posted Jan 22, 2020 06:07 AM
    Hi All, 

We integrating Moogsoft to UIM 8.51 with Moogsoft LAM server. we have created a attach Queue with subject Alarm and its working too. alarm are getting received at LAM end. earlier, we were using Socket based connection to send Alarm details to Moogsoft RAM servers for further processing. 

My Question here is,
     1. we have multiple pre-processing rules to exclude or invisible  the  specific alerts in NAS and i don't want to forward these alerts to LAM server.           Can i used Alarm2 as subject in queue to achieve this?
    2. Is there a way we can create a attach Queue where these alert should not attached to queue and excluded to please processed by Moogsoft.

Regards,
    Sachin Singh 

• 2.  RE: UIM, Moogsoft integration.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 22, 2020 08:23 AM
    to take advantage of the nas ao rules it is not possible for your LAM queue to use subject alarm, but it doesn't have to use alarm2. 
    an ao profile can repost the needed alarms with a custom subject that only the LAM queue will pickup. 
    if the original alarm is needed use new_alarm, if it is not repost can be used. 

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/nas-alarm-server/nas-im-configuration/the-nas-auto-operator-tab.html

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: UIM, Moogsoft integration.

Posted Jan 22, 2020 10:46 AM
    Hi David, 

What if we don't have any AO profile to have a custom subject?
    will Alarm2 work in that scenario?

Regards,
    Sachin Singh

• 4.  RE: UIM, Moogsoft integration.

Posted Jan 22, 2020 10:54 AM
    sure

Support Engineer
    Broadcom