DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  AZURE monitor licenses

Posted Jun 18, 2020 11:31 AM
    Edited by Shubhojit Shil Jun 18, 2020 11:36 AM
    Hi Team,
    I Am facing one issue where we are currently monitoring Azure components using AZURE PROBE and need to know if that also licenses based or not?
    I know that to use azure probe, we need licenses. But to pull all data from AZURE IAAS, will that impact licensing?

#azureprobe @azureprobe​​

• 2.  RE: AZURE monitor licenses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2020 02:10 PM
    are you asking if the monitoring will increase the licensing cost from Azure?
    Or licensing from Broadcom?

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: AZURE monitor licenses

Posted Jun 18, 2020 02:17 PM
    Thank you Gene for your response. From Azure end, I know that Azure will charge for every subscriptions we do using Azure account configured in Azure probe.
    I am looking for licensing from Broadcom end. Because our licenses saved in hub and Archive showing date till 2022.

• 4.  RE: AZURE monitor licenses

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 18, 2020 02:24 PM

So as of 9.20 licensing for UIM is perpetual.
    Usage is determined by the usage metering probe and the report that it generates.
    I am unsure how the Azure will affect your usage as this will depend on what all you monitor with the probe.

You may want to reach out to your account manager and review this as it may have things based on your contract that will change this.

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: AZURE monitor licenses
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 18, 2020 02:27 PM
    Hey Gene, I got my answer over here. 

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?roupId=1315&MID=757174&CommunityKey=170eb4e5-a593-4af2-ad1d-f7655e31513b&tab=digestviewer

But I will connect with Account manager as well over here to understand more about this contract which will expire on 2022.