DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

• 1.  In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Posted Feb 21, 2019 08:39 PM

In NFA, I have deleted the device to fix an issue.Data is flowing from the interfaces to the harvesters. Then the device is reflecting automatic in admin console but its not showing in User console. Waited more days but still its not coming up in user console to fetch report.Please suggest how to get in user console.

• 2.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Posted Feb 21, 2019 09:42 PM

Do you see the interfaces enabled ?

• 3.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Posted Feb 22, 2019 04:27 AM

Yes, All the interfaces are enabled and even it got the Licence too. I can see the latest data flow and I am able to pull the report in Admin console but the complete device itself not showing in User Console.

Do I have to do anything from Harvester end?.

Thank You Phani

• 4.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 09:08 AM

On the admin->enable interfaces screen, if you sort by ifindex, do you see any interfaces with the same ifindex?

• 5.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Posted Feb 22, 2019 11:12 AM

Yes, It is there as shown below. I have deleted the complete device and it got re discovered automatically.Still that Interface 1 is coming with the same ifindex. Usually it should take the new interface and discover but it comes with the Interface 1 again. No idea what to do further.

• 6.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 11:31 AM

Strange that both interfaces have current last flow timestamps.  Seems like something strange on that device.

What version of NFA are you running?

• 7.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Posted Feb 22, 2019 11:56 AM

Running "Network Flow Analysis 9.3.3 (build50)”.  Few devices have same issue like the interface names as "Interface 1". If this Interface comes then the original Gi0/0 interface wont reflect in normal user console. But it shows in Admin Console. 

Any fix for it?.

Thank You

• 8.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2019 12:42 PM

Are these Viptela devices by any chance?

If not, what type of devices are these?

• 9.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Posted Feb 25, 2019 05:13 AM

Yes, It is Viptela device. Facing this issue with the Viptela devices only.

Please suggest.

• 10.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2019 08:53 AM

Are you able to upgrade to 9.5?

I had seen some interfaces like this from Viptela devices before NFA Version 9.3.8, but once customers upgrade they no longer come in like that. 

• 11.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console

Posted Feb 26, 2019 07:08 AM

I need to check regarding the up-gradation. Now CA VNA 3.6.4 implementation is going on. So without up-grading no fix for this issue?.

• 12.  Re: In NFA, Device is not showing in User Console but showing in Admin Console
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 27, 2019 10:24 AM

I saw you opened an issue for this, and Disabled the duplicate interface on the Enable Interfaces screen then deleted the duplicate from Physical & Virtual so that it would not get licensed again, which resolved the issue.