DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  LDAP_RESPONSE CONFIGURATION

Posted Feb 11, 2019 07:06 PM

Hi,

I'm configuring ldap_reponse probe, according to docops it needs a domain user to connect to ldap, so we take the same user that we use in APM to connect to the domain and authenticate users. 

When I Test the connection from IM console the following message appear as result of the test: 

error in failed to logon user usrwildap

Does this indicate that we need a user with higher privileges? or maybe there are additional configurations? 

We put correctly this paramters: 

Hostname: here I tested the hostname and ip of the ldap server. 

Connection paramters: "Normal LDAP Connection"

Base DN: I used the same as the realms configured in APM

Scope: subtree

Authentication: GSSAPI

User: usrwildap

password: we ensure that the password is correct

Domian: TIM\, here if I put the name of the domain without the \ symbol, the probe didnt connect. 

So I need your help to identify any mistakes with this probe. 

Regards. 

• 2.  Re: LDAP_RESPONSE CONFIGURATION

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2019 08:40 PM

Hi ,

Have you tried with Simple Bind 

Authentication settings: select from one the following authentication types:
    SIMPLE Bind: specify distinguished username and password on the LDAP host. Example, CN=LARS, OU=USERS, DC=COMP, DC=ORG

GSSAPI (Kerberos): depending on the operating system, the GSSAPI authentication differs

Are you using SSL ?

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/ldap_response-ldap-server-response-monitoring/ldap_response-im-configuration#ldap_responseIMConfiguration-ImportTrustedRootCACertificate

Can also test with other third party tools if getting similar issues

https://www.petri.com/test-connectivity-to-an-active-directory-domain-controller-from-pc