How can I add QoS data from a robot under one origin to be able for it to be seen in another client origin?
I was thinking I could just add the additional origin to that specific robot via a DB update but I'm not seeing that double origin values listed in the CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM table on that specific robot entry?
Background to this, we are using the E2E probe and have scripts running and setup. Those robots run under our Origin of Alphaserve. The scripts are testing a client environment which the client has their own UMP Account login but does not have access to Alphaserve QoS data. Is there a way to have our E2E probe which is running on say AlphaBox1 which is under Alphaserve Hub to grant access to the QoS data it creates to Client1's UMP Account w/o giving Client1's account access to all of Alphaserve?
I see in our UMP USM's Inventory that several devices have multiple origin's list in some cases. What table is the Inventory pulling this data out of? I was wondering if I could just add the Client1 origin to AlphaBox1 robot's Origin list and have this as a work around but I need to know which table this is pulling this info from.
Direct database manipulation is something, at least for me, to avoid. This is due to the possibility of an unforeseen consequence. An alternative is to setup a robot just for this client and use the controller origin override. controller > configure > advanced.
I'm reaching back in memory here but there was a feature where if you made the origin of a robot include a ':' character, that the UMP stuff would behave in a multi tenant way.
I know it's not directly helpful but maybe it'll jog someone else's memory.
An alternative would be to script a process that would read the QOS for your alphaserve systems and duplicate it to a completely phony device that the customer is permitted to see.
I seem to remember something along those lines as well but I thought the separator was ".”
I will try to dig out some old notes….
Thanks Guys. What I ended up doing was the Controller Probe > Advanced and changed the Origin field to the Client_1 name.
But my problem after the fact that no QoS was showing up in the Client's Portal no matter what I did. I cycled data_engine, cycled the UMP(wasp), cycled the robot. I did verify that the QoS being sent did contain the updated Origin (clinet_1) using Dr.Nimbus sniffer but that QoS would not show up in clients instance.
What fixed the QoS not showing in the clients portal for this robot was when I deleted all the existing QoS from that robot and it started new. That was the only way the QoS from cdm and e2e finally showed up. I stopped all the probes on that robot. used the SLM tool and deleted all the probe instances under that robot. Then cycled data_engine and started all probes on that box. Finally it started showing up correctly then. Just FYI.