DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  DIRSCAN - directory age

Posted Jan 25, 2019 09:58 AM

Can't seem to figure out why the directory age tab has the "fetch current values" section greyed out.  Also does not appear to have a 'watch/expect this value' section like the file age does. 

above shows the age of file, below shows directory age.  I would expect the directory age to look more like the age of file tab does.  Also, notice how the fetch current values is greyed out.  

• 2.  Re: DIRSCAN - directory age

Posted Jan 25, 2019 01:03 PM

Couple things that might be causing this:

Did you browse to the directory location in the probe UI or just type it in? It's possible the probe UI doesn't think that directory is locatable.

Does the directory path include wild card values such that it might match multiple directories? Fetch will only work if it identifies a single target.

Do you have the "recurse into subdirectories" option checked? I don't think this will work if that is selected for the multiple targets reason.

• 3.  Re: DIRSCAN - directory age

Posted Jan 25, 2019 01:04 PM

Otherwise, I suppose I could use logmon as a command to check a directory age somehow.

• 4.  Re: DIRSCAN - directory age

Posted Jan 25, 2019 01:14 PM

I did browse, and recurse into subdirectories is unchecked, and as a test for now, no wild card is selected.  As a test, I just looked at the nimsoft folder.

I looked at the documentation that I know of.  Is there any more detailed papers defining directory age?  All it says is Watch directory changes between each scan.  The Fetch current value is greyed out.  What are some examples of "automatic action - command line"?  How come this stuff is never documented?

• 5.  Re: DIRSCAN - directory age

Posted Jan 25, 2019 01:36 PM

It is documented and it does actaully explain (at least propose a reason) why that button is not functional:

from v3.1 dirscan IM GUI Reference - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

Directory age
    Verifies if the directory has changed between each scan. Such a change would happen if a file is created or removed from the directory.

So it's only watching the change from one check to the next. As such there would be no current values to fetch.