DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to get a list of profiles that are configured for a probe with the REST API?

• 1.  Is it possible to get a list of profiles that are configured for a probe with the REST API?

Posted Apr 30, 2019 08:04 AM

I am currently able to use the REST API to send a request with the Config Endpoint like this:

"/probe/{domain}/{hub}/{robot}/{probe}/config"

However I get a response like this:

<probeConfigKey>
    <key>/setup/user_check</key>
    <value>no</value>
    </probeConfigKey>
    <probeConfigKey>
    <key>/profiles/The soapUI XD UserTest TestCase/times_started</key>
    <value>1</value>
    </probeConfigKey>..................

It gives me the complete configuration, and does not really tell me the profiles in a list. Is there a way that I can send a request with the API to return just the Profiles that are setup for the probe in the call?

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to get a list of profiles that are configured for a probe with the REST API?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 30, 2019 10:04 AM

Currently no

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to get a list of profiles that are configured for a probe with the REST API?

Posted May 03, 2019 05:20 AM

Thanks for validation.

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to get a list of profiles that are configured for a probe with the REST API?

Posted Apr 30, 2019 10:22 AM

I think that equally unhelpful, I would have replied that every probe has only one profile defined for it always and it doesn't have a name.

"Profile" only has definition in the context you use the word - consider net_connect, is a "profile" the definition of a service test?, Or a server test that includes services? Or a group of servers that includes services? Or the whole set of groups that includes servers and services?

One could argue that all or none of these are a "profile".

On the other hand, the results you get from the REST call are well formatted and if you define what you need as a "profile" then it's short work to iterate through the results to get the list you need.