DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UMP Container with no Group and folder with group

Posted Apr 26, 2019 11:39 AM

So I've been exploring the UMP file structure so I can sort my server and make them accessible for other team that should only see their servers. I'm alreay working on the Origin part. But I also want a decent folder structure. 

What I find really irritating, that I can't have a folder/container e.g. Applications and then a subfolder called helpdesk or sap and assign it to  the helpdesk or sap team account. I need to specify the first container to have a group and then all subfolders or subcontainer will have the same group what is actually really stupid. So I would have all folders on the first level in UMP what would make it very confusing.

Is there a better way to sort my server with groups or is there any solution to this?

• 2.  Re: UMP Container with no Group and folder with group

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2019 10:19 PM

Hi 

Please check if the below helps your use case , but this is still based on origins .Flexibility to restrict users (Account contacts) to access data based on origins

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/9-0-2/en/administering/enable-sub-tenancy

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management/8-5/en/using-ump/the-unified-service-manager-portlet/create-and-manage-groups-in-usm

• 3.  Re: UMP Container with no Group and folder with group

Posted Apr 29, 2019 04:44 AM

Thanks.

I'm already looking into this. But it only solves partly my problem. I also want groups in UMP for those useres so that they have a simple overview and this group should be in my structure (admin) in a group called applications. 

E.g.

>Groups

>>Applications

>>>SAP (SAP Team should be able to see this group when they login with their accounts) 

>>>Backup 

>>>

>>Helpdesk

But I guess thats not possible. So I would have to do it this way:

>Groups

>SAP

>Helpdesk

So all Groups are on the same level which will make it eventually very confusing