DX Infrastructure Manager

Expand all | Collapse all

What's the status of CA SystemEdge

• 1.  What's the status of CA SystemEdge

Posted 02-01-2019 01:07 PM

My organization has been using CA SystemEdge agents on UNIX/Linux servers for years, monitoring those servers with discovered agents in Spectrum (and also CA Performance Center).  However, it seems that the status of SystemEdge as a product is not clear.  This might not be the right place to ask this, but perhaps someone knows if there's another SNMP agent that CA is promoting.  The last version, 5.9, when GA about four years ago.

• 2.  Re: What's the status of CA SystemEdge

Posted 02-06-2019 01:25 PM

Hello Brian!

You should open a Support Ticket, then we can check with the Product Management Team the RoadMap for SystemEdge Agent.

Regards,

Alex

• 3.  RE: Re: What's the status of CA SystemEdge

Posted 02-01-2021 11:16 AM
    Dear Alex

ON which product shall i open the case. i am having the same question because we have been migrated to UIM robot and customer want to know the exact end of life date of ca system edge.

Talha

• 4.  RE: Re: What's the status of CA SystemEdge

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 02-01-2021 11:27 AM
    SystemEDGE is in stablization but there's no EOL yet.
    SystemEDGE will live with support as the infrastructure agent for Application Performance Management (APM-IA) so you can look into that as a replacement
    APM took sysedge and packaged it to work with APM
    But the VAIM\Sysedge standalone stuff is being discontinued
    https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?MessageKey=97969dc6-bfd7-4c2f-a4ec-95f3b51c90fa&CommunityKey=170eb4e5-a593-4af2-ad1d-f7655e31513b&tab=digestviewer#bm97969dc6-bfd7-4c2f-a4ec-95f3b51c90fa

------------------------------
    Support Engineer
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: What's the status of CA SystemEdge

Posted 02-02-2021 12:50 PM
    As of now only 5.9 system edge version is supported from Broadcom. And also i hope there is no upcoming release planned.