DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

In UIM_UMP, duplicate devices has been discovered at the inventory for more than 800 units, it is difficult to delete manually for all the 800 units, so can anyone please suggest me how to delete it on the whole for once, is there any easy to delete it?

• 1.  In UIM_UMP, duplicate devices has been discovered at the inventory for more than 800 units, it is difficult to delete manually for all the 800 units, so can anyone please suggest me how to delete it on the whole for once, is there any easy to delete it?

Posted Nov 27, 2018 01:00 AM

In UIM_UMP, duplicate devices has been discovered at the inventory for more than 800 units, it is difficult to delete manually for all the 800 units, so can anyone please suggest me how to delete it on the whole for once, is there any easy to delete it?

• 2.  Re: In UIM_UMP, duplicate devices has been discovered at the inventory for more than 800 units, it is difficult to delete manually for all the 800 units, so can anyone please suggest me how to delete it on the whole for once, is there any easy to delete i

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2018 01:35 AM

• 3.  Re: In UIM_UMP, duplicate devices has been discovered at the inventory for more than 800 units, it is difficult to delete manually for all the 800 units, so can anyone please suggest me how to delete it on the whole for once, is there any easy to delete i
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 27, 2018 03:07 PM

What is the revision of UIM?

Is the reason for the duplicates known?
    If not you may want to start with that to prevent it from happening again.

Figuring many of the dups will be under the same hub/s you can:

rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\hub\robot.sds
    Then restart the hub (in the IM console select the hub in the tree > right click Restart).
    Then robots.sds will be automatically recreated without any robots and as they connect back to the hub they get added.

Restart the robots to speed up the process.

• 4.  Re: In UIM_UMP, duplicate devices has been discovered at the inventory for more than 800 units, it is difficult to delete manually for all the 800 units, so can anyone please suggest me how to delete it on the whole for once, is there any easy to delete i

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2018 03:14 AM

What types of duplicates you see ?

An example help guess what is causing.

We have a mass deletion approach, however root cause identification should take place first, otherwise duplicate happens again.

• 5.  Re: In UIM_UMP, duplicate devices has been discovered at the inventory for more than 800 units, it is difficult to delete manually for all the 800 units, so can anyone please suggest me how to delete it on the whole for once, is there any easy to delete i

Posted Dec 17, 2018 06:52 AM

You can try the utility: Delete server/device in UIM via command line tool (v3.3) , with the option -r"y" activated you can use regular expressions to define the devices to delete/remove.