DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Docker Probe - UIM with Spectrum integration

Posted Nov 21, 2018 03:30 AM

As anyone tried using the docker_monitor probe v1.47 to monitor docker?

I've got my UIM integrated with Spectrum 10.3 via snmpgtw probe v1.40, and Spectrum is not showing any docker alerts even though I can see the critical alerts in UIM.

• 2.  Re: Docker Probe - UIM with Spectrum integration

Posted Nov 21, 2018 11:21 AM

Are other alarms going through and only docker_monitor alarms that are not being sent as traps to spectrum?

set snmpgtw to log level 5 & log size 10000.

Reproduce the problem and check the log for details.

• 3.  Re: Docker Probe - UIM with Spectrum integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2018 08:07 PM

Is there any reason why not using Spectrum Gateway probe based integration ?

• 4.  Re: Docker Probe - UIM with Spectrum integration

Posted Nov 21, 2018 11:11 PM

Our Spectrum console is being used by our Operations Team to create trouble tickets (incident management).  In the past we did use spectrumgtw but Operations did not want the alarms to clear automatically (bi-directional connection), also UIM events were not being logged in the Spectrum Events.

This time around, we are only enabling uni-directional (UIM to Spectrum) hoping that the alerts won't clear automatically.... and hoping the UIM related events will also show in Spectrum Events.

• 5.  Re: Docker Probe - UIM with Spectrum integration

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2018 08:30 PM

Hi,

CA Spectrum and CA UIM - CA Spectrum - 10.2 to 10.2.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 
    Note: From the Spectrum v10.1.2 release, the SNMP Gateway probe and SBGW / Southbound gateway are no longer recommended for alarms synchronization from CA UIM to CA Spectrum. CA recommends to use the Spectrum Gateway (spectrumgtw) probe for alarm synchronization from this release.

• 6.  Re: Docker Probe - UIM with Spectrum integration

Posted Nov 21, 2018 11:07 PM

Ok, got it to work now using the spectrumgtw probe.

Thanks.