DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  QOS snmpget

Posted Sep 18, 2018 04:20 PM

Hi all.

I am geting a OID (serial number) via snmpget probe. I activated publish QOS but not capture data to QOS only "Null"

I need the serial number of those device for create a report via SQL.

What do I need to do additional?

• 2.  Re: QOS snmpget

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2018 10:45 PM

Unfortunately string cannot be converted to QOS.

• 3.  Re: QOS snmpget

Posted Sep 19, 2018 10:05 AM

Oh... that is bad.

I will work certification this OID from snmpcollector maybe. O hope that this working for me.

• 4.  Re: QOS snmpget

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2018 09:58 PM

I don't think it would be change in snmpcollector as well, because we only accept numeric as QOS data.

• 5.  Re: QOS snmpget

Posted Sep 20, 2018 09:58 AM

Hi Yu good morning.

OMG, do you know some idea ?

Not can capture the chassis number serial with snmpget and snmpcollector probe, exist some probe that help me?

• 6.  Re: QOS snmpget

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 20, 2018 10:26 AM

Yu is correct that we can't store strings into QOS metrics as they must be numeric.

But using the SNMPcollector self certification you can reformat a string to numeric if the string contains a number only.

One other thing is that a serial number isn't good use of the QOS metric mechanism as it is very static data.

It is more akin to a device attribute…

• 7.  Re: QOS snmpget

Posted Sep 20, 2018 11:26 AM

Yes the self certificartion maybe help me. I try self certification but when loading the file mib an error is generated.

And the main problem is because I created a report capturing the chassis serial number with discovery_agent probe but two models not get the serial. So I am trying capture this serial for other options but has been impossible.

• 8.  Re: QOS snmpget

Posted Oct 25, 2018 05:27 PM