DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to monitor Oracle scan listeners?

Posted Jul 25, 2018 10:48 AM

Hello, 

We have a two node Oracle RAC database and three scan listeners. These listeners must be up in any one of the two servers. When we do a shutdown the listener migrate to the other cluster node.
    They are monitored through the probe processes, but when it changes of node we have a false alarm since it is up at the other server.
    How can we monitor those listeners if they can be active in anyone of the servers and migrate to other node sometimes?

• 2.  Re: How to monitor Oracle scan listeners?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 06:06 AM

Hello Magda, can you please check with your DBAs and cluster admins if this failover of the scan listener process is documented in the Oracle logs or Cluster logs. If this is the case, I would suggest to use logmon probe to monitor this  process.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 3.  Re: How to monitor Oracle scan listeners?

Posted Aug 06, 2018 09:09 AM

Hello Britta, we will check our log files and see if it's possible to use logmon to monitor the scan-listeners.

I will let you know how was the test.

Thanks a lot, 

Magda Baltazar

• 4.  Re: How to monitor Oracle scan listeners?

Posted Sep 12, 2018 12:50 PM

Hello Magda, I can see here a second option using logmon probe?

You can use logmon to run tnsping command and generate an alarm if service is down. something like this?

• Exec tnsping command for each node and generate information alarm if service is down
    • Exec tnsping command to vip address and generate critical alarm if service is down.

You can set logmon local or remote

Best