DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can we have two separate instance of CA UIM running with same Domain name on a same network with 2 different versions?

Posted Jul 12, 2018 06:32 AM

I am trying to do a parallel upgrade, one instance of CA UIM 8.4 is already in production and I am creating a separate environment for CA UIM 8.51.

Intention is to keep the Domain name same, as once we are done with all the tunnel installations and configuration we can switch to the new environment.

Problem I am facing is the new HUB starts reporting to the same CA UIM 8.4 environment as a HUB running Data_engine and all other probes. 

I have disabled the broadcast on all the hubs on 8.4 env even new 8.51 hub same setting has been applied.

Cleared the security files on the new 8.51 hub and deleted the hub.sds file as well and restarted the Nimbus services. 

But after some time interval all the hubs from the environment 8.4 starts reporting to this one. 

Any ideas how I can manage the two CA UIM setup having same Domain name separately 

Regards

Sadashiv

• 2.  Re: Can we have two separate instance of CA UIM running with same Domain name on a same network with 2 different versions?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2018 09:25 AM

make sure the hubs are not broadcasting as you said you where.

but also make sure all controllers have the search subnet for other hubs.

this might be what is causing the issue.

It should be possible with these two settings in place.

• 3.  Re: Can we have two separate instance of CA UIM running with same Domain name on a same network with 2 different versions?

Posted Jul 12, 2018 10:28 AM

Hi Gene,

Hope you are doing good.

Two things which I need to set, just confirming 

1. broadcast_on = no I have done this configuration on the existing CA UIM 8.4 

2. Uncheck -- Search the subnet for a temp hub when primary and secondary are unavailable (temp broadcast = no)

Regards

Sadashiv

• 4.  Re: Can we have two separate instance of CA UIM running with same Domain name on a same network with 2 different versions?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2018 11:16 AM

HI thanks, I am well hope you are too.

you would want to do this on both domain systems

and for all robots on the same network.

but yes both of these settings

• 5.  Re: Can we have two separate instance of CA UIM running with same Domain name on a same network with 2 different versions?

Posted Jul 13, 2018 04:28 AM

Gene_Howard Thanks for the suggestion applied both the settings and now I have what I need