DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Question... Report type Top N...!!!

Posted Jul 09, 2018 04:23 PM

Hi everyone. I need if anyone can support me with this answer.

A customer asked me:

1- What is the mathematical calculation to obtain in a report type "Top N" the average data, where the report is of bits/in and the time period is 6 months ?

2- What is the default "Aggregation Interval" to report type "Top N"? because this type report not be can't configured with "aggregation interval", like group trend report.

Best regards.

M.E

• 2.  Re: Question... Report type Top N...!!!

Posted Jul 11, 2018 08:38 AM

Don't know what is in the code for that. However Top N reports are a standard. However this is a really strange question for a client to ask. It might be more productive to find out what the client really wants to know or has a concern about.

• 3.  Re: Question... Report type Top N...!!!

Posted Jul 11, 2018 02:51 PM

David.

The client has that doubt because when generating a 6-month report he does not know how UIM takes this data, if he summarizes or takes the data by interval. I assume that because it is a standard report, UIM takes the data with an aggreggation of 5 minutes, time that uses SNMPC in each polling. Note that in a "Trend Report" report you can select the aggreggation but a "Top N" report does not. That's why this second question is born: 2- What is the default "Aggregation Interval" to report type "Top N"? because this type report not be can't configured with "aggregation interval", like group trend report.

• 4.  Re: Question... Report type Top N...!!!

Posted Jul 12, 2018 05:40 PM

OK, so it is a case of the client questioning the validity of the data. Unfortunately I can't answer the questions but hopefully this has raised the awareness and someone who does know will respond.

• 5.  Re: Question... Report type Top N...!!!

Posted Jul 13, 2018 11:59 AM

Thanks David.