like I say, that symbol is showing up in my alarm message:
file --mime SystemErr.log
and I get this:SystemErr.log: text/plain; charset=utf-8
I tried the age old trick of stripping the formatting by dumping the error in notepad.
I have an additional match watcher rule and it does not have odd characters in it.
Still getting the odd character
Really not much to go on here.
What is the OS type and version you are testing on?
What is the locale information for that system?
is the target file format in a different locale or that of the applicatoin creating it?
I can see from your mime output it looks like utf8...
Loglevel 5 logs might provide a little more insight...
You might want to post the log entry you are alarming on as well as the exact alarm and your match information.
we might be able to then provide more.
if you can not for security reasons I would suggest you open a support case.
Thanks for your response, I do fine this hard to explain. I am going to try it from another RHEL server. Might be something with the server.
the match string:
shows up with these a-circumflex characters
/opt/WebSphere/mq/p8evnotif.encÂ doesÂ notÂ exists
I happen to have an additional watcher rule to match "Error putting message in queue", and there is no issue with that one.
More testing needed, I will let you know what I find. I just wondered if it was common knowledge among this community.