DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Posted Dec 08, 2017 04:33 AM

We have RAC DB monitoring configured, now a days we are getting these alerts from stand by nodes and after the research we found that these alert generates when A query was issued against an object not recognized as a fixed

table or fixed view before the database or pluggable database has been opened.

Stand by nodes usually remains in mount state and when we try to check the connection message comes up "cannot connect to database: (ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress )" 

We suppressed this alert but now this new alert ORA-01219 started to come through all of sudden and we have lot of such DB servers in monitoring.

Please let me know that how can we get rid of this sort of alert.

Regards,

Manish Sharma

• 2.  Re: ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2017 09:16 AM

I think you would be better served opening a support case on this.

Support would need to review the logs and configuration to see if their is something that could be done to prevent this.

other wise the only other option would be a nas pre-processing rule to exclude this.

• 3.  Re: ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Posted Dec 12, 2017 04:01 AM

Hi Gene,

I have already raised a case with CA, unfortunately we are getting lots of weird alerts getting generated from ORACLE probe from different servers where we are doing RAC DB monitoring.

Another alert which is generated with no details have description like (ORACLE : 7 and ORACLE : 76 etc) and we do not have alert details in NAS of such alerts so its very difficult to deal with such kind of alerts (made rule in NAS to suppress but still generating incidents) and we are getting questions everyday from DB about the reason of these alerts.

Regards,

Manish Sharma

• 4.  Re: ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2017 11:47 AM

any time you see an ORA error the oracle client is generating and not the oracle probe.

Have you checked the version of the oracle client to for compatibility with the database your are monitoring or tried to update it?

Also have you test using sysdba? do you get the same errors or could this be some type of permissions issue?

• 5.  Re: ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Posted Dec 13, 2017 08:24 AM

Hi Gene,

ORA errors is easy to understand and we can suppress them but the main problem is with the alert with garbage value which are being generated very frequently and support team keep asking for the reason and neither we are able suppress them as there is no such alert in NAS, these alerts are the ones which are being generated randomly from any ORA alert like connection issue and showing in the alert details like below :

ORACLE : 76 , ORACLE : 7 , Instance name : 76 etc and creating incident with this description which is impossible for support team to identify the exact issue.

One more thing which I want to highlight again that these alerts are only generating from RAC DBs which we have configured from admin console (not possible to configure from IM)

Please help us as now we don't have any answer for it and delay on support case is not helping either.

Regards,

Manish Sharma

• 6.  Re: ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 08:28 AM

Sorry there is just not enough information to go on here. We would need loglevel 5 logs showing the issue and screen shots of the alarm to provide any insight unless someone else has run into this specifically in their environment.

Usually once log files and such are needed this usually becomes a situation where the community threads are not as helpful and support help is required.

• 7.  Re: ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Posted Dec 13, 2017 08:53 AM
    Hi Gene,
    PFB alarm details captured from NAS which suggest that garbage value alert generated from one of the connection error alert, logs of Oracle, NAS are attached in the case.
    Alert genertated
    ==============
    oracle: Profile: Servername (X001-X002) - RAC Custom Checkpoints (instance name), Oracle error! Status: -1, - ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress
    next alert showing in NAS alarm details for the same alert is
    ============
    oracle:76
    PFB logs captured from oracle probe which are generated for connection issue and we have suppressed them but now alerts with garbage value are continuously generating and we are not able to suppress them
    oracle: Profile: Servername (X001-X002) - RAC Custom Checkpoints (instance name), Oracle error! Status: -1, - ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress
    Dec 12 00:43:24:196 [140421633554176]
    So it seems that probe converting another alarm from this above time stamp.
    Please let me know if this information is providing some sort of details of the issue.
    Regards,
    Manish Sharma 

• 8.  Re: ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:05 AM

I am sorry log snippets are rarely enough to go on.

If you provide the case number I will be glad to review and see what I can find.

• 9.  Re: ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Posted Dec 13, 2017 10:14 AM

Hi Gene,

Thanks a lot for your such a great help, we have raised case# 00910673 for this issue and let me know if you need more details related to this issue in the case.

Regards,

Manish Sharma

• 10.  Re: ORA-01219: database or pluggable database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables or views only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2017 03:50 PM

HI,

I just checked this case and the currently requested information from support is not on this case.

We will require the oracle loglevel 5 logs and nas loglevel 5 logs along with the alarm detail screen shot requested by support to provide proper analysis and next steps.

Please do capture this information and supply on the case as soon as possible to properly move forward.

I would also suggest if you have not already make sure to update to oracle probe 5.30 and robot 7.93

before starting further testing.