DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Windows 2016 Robot installation

Posted Jul 25, 2018 06:58 AM

Hello, I have tried to install robot 7.93 on a Windows 2016 server (this is the version that was recommended to me). I get a number of errors during the installation relating to permissions and icacls.exe and the installer finishing saying that it cannot find nms-robot-vars.cfg and that the robot.cfg will not be created and not started.

I have tried both the installers for 7.93 and they do the same. Any ideas please on how I can resolve this? I have raised a ticket in case management but that has an initial response target date of tomorrow and I need to get this resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Kevin

• 2.  Re: Windows 2016 Robot installation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 07:13 AM

Hi ,

Have you confirmed the prerequisite permissions for Windows 

Bulk Robot Deployment with an XML File - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

or try installation with 7.80 version if it works  and if ok upgrade to 7.93 via robot_update

http://nmscdn.nimsoft.com/CAUIM_8.5.1-GA/NimBUS%20Robot.exe 

• 3.  Re: Windows 2016 Robot installation

Posted Jul 25, 2018 09:28 AM

Thanks Franklin, I ended up using the bulk robot deployment method and created an answers file and that seemed to work, I appreciate the feedback

Kevin

• 4.  Re: Windows 2016 Robot installation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2018 08:12 AM

Hello Kevin,

from compatibility list that robot 7.95 is needed for 2016 support

https://docops.ca.com/display/UIM900/CA%20UIM%20Compatibility%20Matrix

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support

• 5.  Re: Windows 2016 Robot installation

Posted Jul 25, 2018 09:27 AM

Thanks Britta, I just managed to install 7.93, I did not realise I needed to do an answers file for a fresh install

Thank you

Kevin