DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Gateway Probe and Invisible Alarms

Posted Aug 10, 2018 08:34 AM

I am setting up the Spectrum Gateway probe such that alarms from UIM are displayed in Spectrum – single direction. I am wondering if it is possible to create a filter or is there a setting that will clear alarms in Spectrum marked as ‘invisible’ in UIM?

• 2.  Re: Spectrum Gateway Probe and Invisible Alarms

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 08:45 AM

• 3.  Re: Spectrum Gateway Probe and Invisible Alarms

Posted Aug 10, 2018 10:52 AM

Thanks Britta.  I read through that documentation but I'm not sure which alarm filter attribute would be associated with an invisible alarm.  Can you please clarify or provide an example of what the filter would look like?

• 4.  Re: Spectrum Gateway Probe and Invisible Alarms

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 10:58 AM

Mark -

You are correct.  It appears that the current release of the spectrumgtw probe does not allow you to filter alarms passed on to Spectrum based on the value of the visible field of the alarm.  That would be considered an enhancement request for the spectrumgtw probe.  There is currently no option available out of the box that will allow you to filter UIM alarms to prevent synchronizing invisible alarms with Spectrum.

You might be able to create a nas Auto Operator profile that adds a keyword to the message of invisible alarms.  In that case, you would then be able to create a filter on the message field of UIM alarms and exclude any alarm where the message contains the keyword from being synchronized with Spectrum.

• 5.  Re: Spectrum Gateway Probe and Invisible Alarms

Posted Aug 10, 2018 02:47 PM

Can this feature be submitted as an enhancement request?

• 6.  Re: Spectrum Gateway Probe and Invisible Alarms

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 02:52 PM

Mark -

If you are asking if this discussion can be converted to an enhancement request (UIM community idea) the answer is no.  You would have to create an idea on the UIM community page to have Program Management consider expanding the UIM alarm fields that can be used to create rules for excluding UIM alarms that are synchronized with Spectrum.

There is no reason that I can see that would prevent you from creating this idea for Program Management consideration.