DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  3 Questions vmware (cluster, discover and user).

Posted Sep 03, 2018 11:55 AM

Hi every one.

Hi have a customer that has vmware enviroment MSP. This msp from VDC create virtual machine (VM) dinamic or when is necessary.

*How vmware probe management this enviroment MSP, because the VM is support with two VDC in cluster?

*It is possible that vmware make discovering automatic each 60 minutes to monitoring new vm or remove other that the customer deleted.?

We are using vmware probe for monitoring the VM but this monitoring is only with a user that has access only to resources.

*Why I not see the VM with all metrics cpu, mem, disk, network. We need monitoring other variable for network and only I can see this, like showing the image up.

Thanks for your help.

M.E

• 2.  Re: 3 Questions vmware (cluster, discover and user).

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 04, 2018 02:47 AM

For some metrics not browsable - It looks insufficient permission.

For discovery - vmware probe does the whole discovery (in the range of user permission) at every polling.

Regards, Yu

• 3.  Re: 3 Questions vmware (cluster, discover and user).

Posted Sep 04, 2018 11:21 AM

Hi Yu.

But vmware can make this "discovering automatic each 60 minutes to monitoring new vm or remove other that the customer deleted". Maybe with a key or some strategy for this.

Regards ME

• 4.  Re: 3 Questions vmware (cluster, discover and user).

Posted Sep 04, 2018 11:49 AM

Yes  i hope new vm will be added as per partial sync with hour ,but the removed vm's will not be deleted .It needs manual  work if you want to remove within day.

• 5.  Re: 3 Questions vmware (cluster, discover and user).

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 05, 2018 04:25 AM

Inventory removal for decommissioned vm is challenging. vmware probe don't do it.

discovery_server will remove the inventory after X days as long as there are no QOS data associated to the decommissioned vm.

X is configurable in discovery_server config <setup>/expire_time (default 30days)