DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Monitoring Metrics Weblogic probe

Posted Aug 12, 2018 10:39 PM

Hi all,

I'm implmementing the weblogic probe, I've already created the groups, resources and profiles based on the documentation: weblogic IM Configuration - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation and everything went well.

Now when I get to create the metrics I do not find any value to configure and I do not find any of the fields that it says in the documentation.

I can not find a way to monitor the metrics. Example:

Can someone guide me if I miss a step or what should I do in this instance?

Thanks.

Can someone guide me if I miss a step or what should I do in this instance?

• 2.  Re: Monitoring Metrics Weblogic probe

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 13, 2018 08:58 AM

When you select a profile or any of the child nodes available under the profile, the available monitors appear in the right-hand pane.  To configure the monitors, right-click on a monitor in the right-hand pane that you want to use for monitoring the WebLogic server and select Edit.

From your screenshot, it looks like you right-clicked the profile in the left-hand pane which allows you to make changes to the profile, not the monitors.

• 3.  Re: Monitoring Metrics Weblogic probe

Posted Aug 13, 2018 01:03 PM

Hi, No, I m doing the process as you indicate, I click on the button edit of the resources on the right side and this screenshot appears that I attach. Although you are right, when you click on edit in the left panel, the same box appears.

• 4.  Re: Monitoring Metrics Weblogic probe

Posted Aug 15, 2018 09:01 AM

At the top level selected it shows 4 metrics on the right. If a child node such as \Logging\name is selected the metrics associated to it should show up on the right. If they don't double check the requirements.

weblogic Preconfiguration Requirements - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation