DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Bi-Direcional Integration - Alarms

Posted Sep 13, 2017 01:44 PM

Hello Folks,

Today bi-direcional integration do not show alarms from spectrum on NAS.

Because of that I have 2 problems

1 - My Service Desk Probe (I Use CA Service Desk) do not open incidents for my critical alarms when this alarm is an Spectrum alarm.

2 - I use ADO Gateway to send all of my alarms generated to a different DB for audit purposes.

Someone know if on the next release of UIM and spectrumgtw probe the alarms from spectrum will be send to NAS or will be keep on ems probe ?

Regards

• 2.  Re: Bi-Direcional Integration - Alarms

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 13, 2017 11:41 PM

Hello,

Spectrum Alarms (fetched via Spectrum Gateway probe) is only saved into data storage provided by EMS probe.

It is unfortunate that today's gateway probe for helpdesk tools is not capable of working with EMS probe.

Regards,

Yu Ishitani

• 3.  Re: Bi-Direcional Integration - Alarms

Posted Sep 14, 2017 12:19 PM

Yu Thanks for reply !

I know about this behavior.

The big question is if this is planned for send to NAS or not on the future ?

If not, I have to disable my CASDMGTW probe and start to use on Spectrum side the integration to send tickets, but this do not solve my problem to save all alarms on an different database for audit purposes.

I talked to Nagesh and Sardeep and guys is checking internally about that to see if this is planned to be released soon or not

Regards 

• 4.  Re: Bi-Direcional Integration - Alarms

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 09:34 PM

Thank you very much for response.

I understood your point.

Hello, UIM Product Managers, any comments on this ?

• 5.  Re: Bi-Direcional Integration - Alarms

Posted Apr 09, 2018 03:07 PM

Sarbdeep_Singh

Can you help us here ?

I need see spectrum alarms on NAS. 

The problem is. I would like to open SDM tickets on UIM side but spectrum alarms do not show on NAS and servicedesk probe use NAS to open tickets. 

• 6.  Re: Bi-Direcional Integration - Alarms

Posted Apr 10, 2018 12:45 PM

Do you want to manually select which alarms get forwarded to the Service Desk or would there be an automated rule making that decision?

Spectrum alarms go through ems but the integration you want to achieve is possible as well of course.

Also, can you comment on which service desk you are looking to integrate with, i.e. which probe you are going to use for the integration?

We can help you with steps to set up that integration then.

• 7.  Re: Bi-Direcional Integration - Alarms

Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:55 PM

luech01 I trying integrate with CA SDM. 

I would like to open all critical alarms on SDM. 

I found a way to do that on Spectrum  side spliting my alarms by Landscape. 

Regards