DX Unified Infrastructure Management

 View Only
  • 1.  SLA Reports (Historic) is not showing any stats

    Posted Aug 08, 2017 01:09 AM

    Hi All,

    I have already raised a case with CA on this issue but would like to know from the community if anyone has come across this issue.

    We have number for SLM reports configured for our clients. We are trying to run the calculation for last 3 months. This is affecting all the SLM reports even if we select 'Create Historic Data', the report shows 0% compliance. The current month calculation works perfectly.

    If we check the devices in performance reports, we can see that all the devices have statistics for last 3 months. We then thought that the SLM report would be corrupted so I created a new report but it still has the same issue. I have checked that the devices dont have duplicate entries in the SLM Data management.

    I dont know if this is related but we upgraded to v8.50 in April 2017. I can see the SLA reports which were generated in past but as soon as I run recalculation on them it will remove the stats and there will be no data.


    We have restarted the SLA_Engine couple of times, increased the java memory but still same issue.


    Some screenshots







    Data Engine:


    We never had this issue in the past but all of sudden the reports are not showing stats for previous months. 

  • 2.  Re: SLA Reports (Historic) is not showing any stats
    Best Answer

    Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2017 11:56 AM

    Dear Herin

    the calculation is done by the sla_engine probe. If you check that  probe 's log, do you see any errors?  Specifically regarding the SLA's you recalculated?


    Also, when you check the performance report designer, and create a new report for the qos that the SLO's  are based one, do you see enough historical data?  Has any of the data changed such as hostnames/sources?


    Kind Regards,

    Martin Fink

    CA Tech Support

  • 3.  Re: SLA Reports (Historic) is not showing any stats

    Posted Aug 15, 2017 07:41 PM

    Hi Martin,

    Got an update from CA support, apparently the SLA_engine runs on a RN table to run the calculation. so if the RN retention is setup to be 30 days it will only calculate for last 30 days and it will not have any information for last few months. 

    The history data in the HN_QOS_DATA_nnnn tables is not used by the sla_engine so the existing history data retention of 150 days is not applicable to SLA calculations which is the reason that we cannot recalculate SLAs from before 1 month  - the raw data no longer exists. Historical data is available and shows up in the Performance charts, but this data is not used by the sla_engine in its computations


    I guess SLM portlet is not going to be useful for us anymore as we do not want to change the retention periods from 30 days.