DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Probes are not opening in Admin console

Posted Jan 16, 2018 09:29 AM

This is regarding problem with admin console, we have RAC DBs to configure in the monitoring however when i am trying to open Oracle probe on AC its throwing error code "MONS-002" .

Its a very common error code with Admin Console and i have made all the required things in UIM Primary HUB and remote HUB but we are getting this error code on few servers, this is the most weird part as if there would have been any config issue on remote HUB then it should have been on all the servers which are reporting to this HUB on which we are facing the issue.

Please help then how can we rectify it.

Regards,

Manish Sharma

• 2.  Re: Probes are not opening in Admin console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 16, 2018 11:48 AM

What version of UIM are you running? 

• 3.  Re: Probes are not opening in Admin console

Posted Jan 16, 2018 06:31 PM

Hi Manish,

What coincidence, I faced this error few hours ago in a customer.

In my case, I updated the probes listed on the link below, reinstalled the PPM probe on Secondary Hub and restarted the Hub.

CA Unified Infrastructure Management Hotfix Index - CA Technologies 

• 4.  Re: Probes are not opening in Admin console

Posted Feb 21, 2018 12:51 AM

Hi Ariel,

I have tried it but it also did not work, surprisingly we are facing this problem with this HUB only and rest of the HUBs are responding and working fine in Admin Console.

Please let me know if we can try anything else to fix the issue.

Regards,

Manish Sharma 

• 5.  Re: Probes are not opening in Admin console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 17, 2018 01:10 AM

Hello Manish,

you may run the following queries for 2 to 3 times in a row to measure the time it takes to get the results.

. SELECT name, decode(pool, null, '(total)', '('||pool||')') as pool, bytes FROM v$sgastat where name != 'free memory'

. SELECT owner,segment_name,segment_type,(max_extents-NVL(extents,0)) as extleft, partition_name FROM DBA_SEGMENTS WHERE tablespace_name IN ( SELECT DTBS.tablespace_name FROM DBA_TABLESPACES DTBS WHERE DTBS.TABLESPACE_NAME NOT IN ('SYS','SYSTEM','ROLLBACK','UNDO'))

If these 2 checkpoints have lots of amount of data around 2K rows or more the query can take 5-8 sec time to fetch data from table.
    As per design, probe check the each row to calculate the QoS/threshold as per configuration that’s why it took too much time to calculate further which leads to callback timed out causing such problems.
    If you are not interessed in the two callback you may disable it.

Kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support