DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CSV file with all alarms for url_response

• 1.  CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 21, 2018 12:10 PM

Hi,

We have some URLs being monitored by url_response probe.

We would need to get a report with a list of all the alarms (start-time and end-time) that have been generate by this probe, for each URL (or group) monitored.

We would need to extract this information daily and in an automated way.

Which is the best way to do this using UIM 8.5.1 ?

• 2.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

• 3.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 21, 2018 01:30 PM

Hi Issac,

Yes, we have Cabi.

I've followed your suggestion and tried to create an ad-hoc view, with not much luck.

I've also tried to use a pre-created report "Alarm Summary", but it has a lot of limitations - I'm not able to change the columns and it seems that I can only view the currently open alarms (not the closed ones)...

Also, I cannot get the alarms I need - the filters are not able to get the URLs I'm monitoring... Maybe I need to open a case with CA... (I changed the source of my URLs, so the source name is not the robot name - maybe that's it...)

Anyway, do you know of a another way of getting the Alarm data into a CSV?

Thanks for your feed-back.

• 4.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 21, 2018 01:33 PM

Sure i will check and get back to you

• 5.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 21, 2018 01:57 PM

Putting 'automated' aside, you can:

go to UMP > USM > Alarms > create a filter for probe is url_response > and then export. 

or direct sql query 

select * FROM [CA_UIM1].[dbo].[NAS_TRANSACTION_LOG] where prid = 'url_response' 

• 6.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 21, 2018 02:43 PM

I took a look at List Designer & Dashboard Designer and it seems neither support breaking it down to the Target/Profile level. With List Designer it would be necessary to modify the probe configuration to add a User Tag to identify the Target/Profile. 

• 7.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 22, 2018 06:15 AM

Hello,

What about querying the database directly?

Which select statement could I use to the the following columns:

Alarm_ID | Source | Supp_Key | Time_Arrival | Time_Closed | Message

Is threre is another programatic way of doing the same thing (using REST services, or other)? What would be the advantages/drwabacks?

Thanks.

• 8.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 22, 2018 08:56 AM

sure the query can be selective, but you have to use column names from the table such as:

select nimid, source, message FROM [CA_UIM1].[dbo].[NAS_TRANSACTION_LOG] where prid = 'url_response' 

rest may also work for you.

Alarm Calls - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

But Luc's recommendation may be the only way to automate it. 

• 9.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 22, 2018 01:13 PM

OK. Thank you all.

I'm trying to use the query:

select nimid, min (time) as init_time, max(time) as end_time, source, message   FROM [uim].[dbo].[NAS_TRANSACTION_LOG] where
    time >= dateadd(d, datediff(d, 0, getdate())-2, 0) and source like 'http%' group by nimid, source, message
    order by init_time

It seems the NAS_TRANSACTION_LOG has multiple rows for each alarm ID, so I had to use min and max time. In this case I'm getting the alarms for the past 2 days (plus today).

Does this make sense?

I can't get the probe name (prid) on this table...

• 10.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 22, 2018 03:06 PM

Yes, it does make sense. 

Not sure why getting prid is not working for you, it is a column, at least in my 8.51 lab.

Oh and after looking at this again, discovered a new difficulty. 

Active alarms are in nas_alarms and only after being acknowledged are they moved to nas_transaction_log.  

• 11.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 23, 2018 04:55 AM

The table: nas_transaction_log contains the real history details of each alarm

The table: nas_transaction_summary contains 1 record for each unique nimid, I think this is the table you want to use

The table: nas_alarms contains the current active alarms

• 12.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 22, 2018 06:18 AM

If you continue with the idea from David, you can create a bat file: (you only need to add the sql query to report on the alarm table: nas_transaction_log)

-------

sqlcmd -U sa -P ???  -S sql_server -d "CA_UIM" -o c:\temp\report_url_response.csv -W -s "??" -Q"select *** from nas_transaction_log where .... "

blat - -to email@***.com -body "In attachment your url_response csv" -subject "url_response" -embed "c:\temp\report_url_response.csv"

• 13.  Re: CSV file with all alarms for url_response

Posted Mar 23, 2018 12:45 PM

There was a User Forum presentation today on CABI Ad Hock reporting and mostly likely it can fulfill this need.