DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  e2e_appmon bitmap image

Posted Sep 20, 2017 03:03 AM

I am monitoring one of the applicatoin URL in e2e_appmon probe.For the application URL we are using bitmap image, recently there is change in application for that i need to change in bitmap image file too,kindly help me how to create and modify the bitmap image file for my application URL to run properly.

• 2.  Re: e2e_appmon bitmap image

Posted Sep 21, 2017 03:35 AM

Hi,

Anyone know how to create and modify Bitmap image for the application URL in e2e_appmon probe.

• 3.  Re: e2e_appmon bitmap image

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2017 08:58 AM

Ranjan -

There is an example on how to do this in the WintaskBook.pdf - check out Exercise #6 starting on page 21 for an example.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

• 4.  Re: e2e_appmon bitmap image

Posted Sep 21, 2017 09:51 AM

Could you send me pdf file copy of this as I am not able to open the link which you have sent

• 5.  Re: e2e_appmon bitmap image

Posted Sep 21, 2017 10:53 AM

Actually i don't want to create a new script, i just wanted to modify the old script and its bitmap image file which is changed, previously it was using different bitmap image file, so do i need to create a new bitmap image file or i can modify the old bitmap image file. Can you give example how to do with old script and how to record and capture the image, as the scripts are custom scripts.

• 6.  Re: e2e_appmon bitmap image

Posted Sep 21, 2017 01:03 PM

Hi Mukesh,

Having seen your script files, I would recommend performing the steps in a new script (capture

the bmp, save it to the location where your other bmp files are located). Then comment out

the existing Bitmap function in the production script and copy the Bitmap function which points

to the newly generated image file. Then compile and test.

example

'comment out old Bitmap()

'Bitmap("E:\sa-scripts\oldxxxxxxxx.bmp")

'Add new line

Bitmap("E:\sa-scripts\newxxxxxxx.bmp")

If the window has changed you may also need to update the InWindowAnyInstance() function

just below the bitmap.

Regards,

Greg

• 7.  Re: e2e_appmon bitmap image

Posted Sep 22, 2017 03:53 AM

Hi Greg,

Thanks, can you give me an example with screenshots with step by step, how to capture the image in new script and how to put in old scripts, whether I have to run the script and then open taskeditor and click on capture? I never tried this as this is new to me. Kindly help.

Regards,

Mukesh Ranjan