DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Compatibility between CA JASPER and CA UIM

Posted Feb 07, 2018 07:50 AM

Which version of CA JASPER is compatible with CA UIM 8.4 ??

• 2.  Re: Compatibility between CA JASPER and CA UIM

Posted Feb 07, 2018 09:05 AM

For CA UIM 8.4, you need to use Unified Report 8.4 (as shown in the compatibility matrix here: https://support.nimsoft.com/downloads/doc/NMSCompatibility_SupportMatrix_current.pdf). This embeds the JasperReports server you need.

The new Unified CABI (with Jasper Server 6.3 if I'm not mistakening) is only available with UIM 8.5+.

• 3.  Re: Compatibility between CA JASPER and CA UIM

Posted Feb 07, 2018 09:16 AM

If you are going to build new ,you can go ahead and deploy unified CABI ,Multiple CA products can be integrated with same reporting server.

CA Business Intelligence with CA UIM - CA Unified Infrastructure Management - 8.5.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Unified CA Business Intelligence (CABI) GA Announcement 

• 4.  Re: Compatibility between CA JASPER and CA UIM

Posted Feb 08, 2018 05:42 AM

• 5.  Re: Compatibility between CA JASPER and CA UIM
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 08, 2018 06:33 AM

CA Jasper is a query based software, so you can create custom reports with all of then,  just configuring the data Source and the reports, but if you want the built-in reports you need to upgrade to UIM 8.5

If you have UIM 8.5 you have two options the cabi ou cabi_external probe, in mine scenario I use cabi_external because i already used the Spectrum Jasper.

Another think you might consider is, each CA Jasper have some peculiarity, for example the CA Jasper that come with CA SDM, use a data source based on a jar, wich came with the instalation. 

• 6.  Re: Compatibility between CA JASPER and CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 07:29 AM

Is this answered for you now?

regards

Rich

• 7.  Re: Compatibility between CA JASPER and CA UIM

Posted Feb 09, 2018 07:40 AM

Yes!!!