DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Connection to UIM Database using windows authentication only

Posted Jan 23, 2018 04:39 AM

Is it ideal to have a UIM DB connection only in Windows Authentication mode ?

The user however will be the DB owner with full access.

• 2.  Re: Connection to UIM Database using windows authentication only
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 09:25 AM

Both SQL and windows auth to the back end UIM database is support.

this is usually decided based on client internal Security policies and DBA preferences.

The windows Auth has a little more setup and configuration to be done but once past that to the application there really is no difference.

• 3.  Re: Connection to UIM Database using windows authentication only

Posted Jan 23, 2018 10:19 AM

I've been trying to install fresh UIM application where the connection is DB uses Windows Authentication, however, the installation interrupts at around 35% and never completes

my install logs give me continuous error as:

2018-01-23 15:31:33,618 ERROR impl.UIMServerConfigureController:run:492 [Thread-39]  - NimException caught
    (1) error, Failed to install package 'automated_deployment_engine' to robot after 3 attempts. error: inst_pkg failed: illegal SID
    Not able to understand if these two could be related in some way or other.
    Also at times it gives error as below when trying to start probe 'mpse'

2018-01-23 15:58:23,121 ERROR impl.UIMServerConfigureController:run:492 [Thread-39]  - NimException caught
    (15) illegal SID, Received status (15) on response (for sendRcv) for cmd = 'get_status'

• 4.  Re: Connection to UIM Database using windows authentication only

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 10:23 AM

Make sure the user for windows auth on the database has login locally rights to the server your are doing install on and has full local admin rights.

You could log in as this user and run the install.

usually this is happening because the service is failing to be created but check your C:\tmp\ca_uim\uimserver_ia_install.log for more details. It might be above the last error.

• 5.  Re: Connection to UIM Database using windows authentication only

Posted Jan 24, 2018 07:07 AM

So I did a bit of digging in communities, and tried the installer once again however this time I created a new Domain rather than trying to install in existing Domain and it worked like a charm. Then later I modified the hub, security and robot config files and made it point to my older existing domain and was able to make it work in existing Domain itself.

Can't seem to understand why it was not letting me install earlier.