DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  net_connect qos question

Posted Aug 15, 2017 09:16 PM

I have setup a custom dashboard showing tcp connections to a range of ports. Basically the widget is meant to change colour from green to red when the connection fails. So the default colour is red and the green colour threshold is 1. What I am finding however is that when the connection fails it says the qos is anywhere from 2 to 10ms. I think it is recording the time taken to fail the connection rather then returning no value or a really high value. I believe eventually it will turn red with "no data found" but I think this takes some time.

Can anyone confirm this is what it is doing? I am using v3.33 of the net_connect probe which is the latest.

Thanks

Matt

• 2.  Re: net_connect qos question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2017 10:28 AM

Dear Matthew,

as per the probe documentation the qos is indeed in ms:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/net_connect-network-connectivity-monitoring/net_connect-metrics

I would have expected the probe to only actually enter a value if there was a response received within the maximum timeout. However, it seems you are indicating that for you it first records the max timeout as qos before stopping to write data. Is that correct?

If you have the alarm enabled, could you not enable the alarm filter? Or why are you trying to capture a specific time range?

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support