DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  url_response timeout settings

Posted Oct 05, 2017 06:06 AM
      |   view attached

Techtip:

If you need to set the Timeout on a Profile in url_response, please consider doing it using either the Raw Configure (in IM or Admin Console) or the Admin Console > Configure. Avoid the IM GUI because it only accepts a 2 digits value. So, a Timeout that contains more than 2 digits (configured in Raw Configure or Admin Console) will only show the first 2 ones (i.e. a Timeout set to 120 sec's will appear in IM GUI as 12). 

I hope it helps.

Attachment(s)

docx
    url_response.docx   79 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: url_response timeout settings

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2017 08:50 PM

A defect ?

• 3.  Re: url_response timeout settings

Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:57 AM

In my opinion this could be considered as a limitation of the Infrastructure Manager (IM). The best practices for more and more probes are to be configured using Admin Console. Also, since IM hasn't been maintained for some time I doubt the dev team would be happy to spend time working on the IM GUI of the probe. Again, it's just my personal opinion.

• 4.  Re: url_response timeout settings

Posted Oct 11, 2017 04:21 AM

I think this is a defect as well, a minor one since there is an easy workaround. Infrastructure Manager (IM) is still an essential tool in UIM, and should have full support until there is another management tool with the same functionality and the same performance on large environments.

• 5.  Re: url_response timeout settings

Posted Nov 15, 2017 08:07 AM

I opened an Idea in this sense, for the PM to consider enabling it in the next probe release:

Enable Timeout in url_response probe GUI to accepts more that 2 digits value