DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Can we add robots to hubs in nimsoft via powershell using NimbusApi.dll

Posted Jul 21, 2017 03:19 AM

I want to add , remove or modify servers that are in monitoring in CA Nimsoft tool by using the Powershell scripting with the NimbusAPI.dll but till i have found just to post messages and to run powershell scripts to the robots via CustomProfiles.

• 2.  Re: Can we add robots to hubs in nimsoft via powershell using NimbusApi.dll

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 25, 2017 10:10 AM

HI we would need more information.

To add a robot to monitoring would require the deployment of a robot and probes.

or updating of a remote probe such as rsp with a new profile to make this work.

To remove permanently a robot would require the opposite of the above PLUS the removal from the database.

if you are talking about temporarily removing it this would involve setting up a maintenance schedule.

I think you would first need to define exactly your scope of what are wanting to monitor.

how it will be monitored

the target systems and probes.

to then look at what could be done.

I know OOTB we do not have support for robot or probe installation using Powershell scripts. we do have third party robot installers packages that could be leveraged with a custom Powershell script but I do not have one.

If you can make your request more specific we might be able to help with a suggestion or pointer in the right direction.

• 3.  Re: Can we add robots to hubs in nimsoft via powershell using NimbusApi.dll

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2017 10:44 AM

Hello Ankit, could you please send the requested information that Gene asked for.

Thanks and kind regards,

Britta Hoffner

CA Support