DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Webservices_rest on CA UIM

Posted Jan 09, 2018 08:00 AM

Hi,

I have enabled restful services on my UIN 8.47v by deploying the latest version of webservices_rest package.

Now I want to call the alarms using rest which are there on UMP console but I am not successful in doing that.
    /alarms

Please let me know if I need to do any further configuration.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Webservices_rest on CA UIM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2018 06:39 PM

If you installed the 8.51 webservices_rest package, then I would expect that you would run into problems.  The following Note can be found on the RESTful Web Services Wiki page found at the following link:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/probe-development-tools/restful-web-services

Note: The webservices_REST probe is updated to run with the latest CA UIM database schema. When updating UIM, be sure to download the webservices_REST probe with the corresponding version number. Do not download webservices_REST with a later version than your CA UIM: doing so may break endpoints.

Make sure that you have installed the 8.47 webservices_rest package.  If you have and you still cannot get your alarm REST calls to work, I would recommend opening a case to look into this further.

I hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: Webservices_rest on CA UIM

Posted Jan 22, 2018 07:50 AM

Hi ,

Thanks for your help.

It worked for me.
    Now I am able to get CA UIM alarms in XML format in browser using RETS services.

One more help.

How can I get the same data in JSON format??

As I am getting it in XML format.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: Webservices_rest on CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2018 07:52 AM

Your request must be in json format and then it will return json format out put.

Please see the examples for json in the documentation.

Alarm Calls - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: Webservices_rest on CA UIM

Posted Jan 22, 2018 08:14 AM

Hi,

Below is a link to code that sends JSON and returns JSON from the UIM REST API. The key is in the headers you pass in the request.

Function for getting alarms: cauimws/cauimws.py at master · adgayle/cauimws · GitHub 

Sample code calling the functions: cauimws/ackrobotinactive.py at master · adgayle/cauimws · GitHub